Thread: PMDD anyone?

PMDD anyone?

Hi all.
    Im looking to speak to anyone who deals with PMDD.
    It has been suggested i have this condition and has been the route of my problems.
    The symptoms are:
    Anxiety
    Feeling of hopelessness
    Thoughts of harm and suicide
    Pools of anger/rage in stomach and temples
    Wanting to be left alone but then also being scared of being alone.
    Falling out with people.
    Irregular periods early or late.
    Lots of pain in breasts and pelvis.

I know some of these seem normal but in PMDD they are classed as extreme and life altering.
    I have tried lots of remedies and already take 20mgs Fluoxetine.
    Would love to chat to someone who has to deal with this.

Re: PMDD anyone?

My anxiety gets so bad during my period that I have to stay home and have a very mundane routine. Anything out of the ordinary makes me so anxious I get beyond sick. My periods are also incredibly heavy and cause a lot of pain. I also get so much pain in my breasts between ovulation and my period I will cry if someone knocks them. I'm also irritable - hubby keeps his distance.

I haven't taken any steps to deal with it, just sit in a corner and cry sometimes.

Re: PMDD anyone?

I've thought for a while I may have this, at the very least I have really really awful pms. One week per month I turn into a horribly irritable person, and I get so worried and paranoid over little things. I also get really low feeling and hopeless, which is so frustrating as it's only for a week and then it's gone again. It gets so extreme for a while before I worked out the link I thought my mood swings were something more serious. Currently feeling like curling up in a ball and crying for the next couple of days until it passes! I also get dizziness, feel really fat and generally quite uncomfortable!

I don't take anything for it or know any ways to reduce the severity, but would love to speak to someone going through the same as me each month!

Thread Information