Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish oil

Fish oil

I'm looking for tried and trusted fish oil capsules with a serving of 800mg EPA 600mg DHA that are available in the UK.
    There are plenty available in the U.S but I'm having trouble finding any available for purchase in or to the UK.

Anybody know of any ?

What fish oil do you use ?

Re: Fish oil

I am not sure if there are any in the EYE Q range? When I worked in school we gave children Eye Q as part of a study to see if the children taking the supplement did better in school than those not taking it. It was also used for children with ADHD instead of Ritalin.

Thanks Annie

The best I can find so far that will send to the UK is this

http://uk.evitamins.com/elite-omega-...FSEcwwodZJIA0A

I'm pretty sure they're based in the U.S

But on the check out page it says this -

"International Ordering:
    - We DO NOT include an invoice or packing slip in international shipments.
    - Please check your countries import policies before ordering as eVitamins is NOT responsible for orders that are siezed by customs. Orders that are returned to us will be refunded minus shipping costs.
    - Our prices do not include taxes and duties that may or may not be added by your local delivery carrier."

Has anyone any experience of this ? A few of these tubs isn't cheap and I don't want to find they get stopped at customs or something or that there are extra charges !

I know they're only fish oil but if they "do not include an invoice or packing slip" who's to say they won't get stopped.

I have bought perfume from an American site and when it was delivered it had been checked in customs and I ended up having to pay about £12 customs charges :(

Although not quite the strength you require, i use the MoeEPA SmartFats. Available on Amazon for around £20. Not cheap but they are very good, you do get what you p=ay for in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I have bought perfume from an American site and when it was delivered it had been checked in customs and I ended up having to pay about £12 customs charges :(
    Yeh well that's what I was thinking. They've sent me an email asking me if I've forgotten to complete the order. I'm not bothering.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousBaker View Post
    Although not quite the strength you require, i use the MoeEPA SmartFats. Available on Amazon for around £20. Not cheap but they are very good, you do get what you p=ay for in this case.
    Thanks AnxiousBaker. I'll take a look.

Oosh,

I too had this issue. I was looking around at all the high strength stuff and I found that whilst it had a high quantity of fish oil, the omega's 3's were very low. I found from checking quite a few that capsules are far lower than liquid, hence I changed my mind and start looking for liquids instead.

It just tastes like normal cod liver ooil I used to be spoonfed as a child.

However, I found one that fits that profile and oddly, it was Tesco's own fish oil! I've started taking it a week ago along with vitamin C & some low strength pro biotics and I feel a lot better. I figured a lot of my problems were actually physical now and feeding the anxiety and this is starting to prove it.

You could also look at hemp. You can buy hemp milk in supermarkets and the one I saw in Tesco contains half of the daily requirement per serving. It also contains Omega 6. It's not really any more expensive than buying such as almond, coconut milks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Oosh,

I too had this issue. I was looking around at all the high strength stuff and I found that whilst it had a high quantity of fish oil, the omega's 3's were very low. I found from checking quite a few that capsules are far lower than liquid, hence I changed my mind and start looking for liquids instead.

It just tastes like normal cod liver ooil I used to be spoonfed as a child.

However, I found one that fits that profile and oddly, it was Tesco's own fish oil! I've started taking it a week ago along with vitamin C & some low strength pro biotics and I feel a lot better. I figured a lot of my problems were actually physical now and feeding the anxiety and this is starting to prove it.

You could also look at hemp. You can buy hemp milk in supermarkets and the one I saw in Tesco contains half of the daily requirement per serving. It also contains Omega 6. It's not really any more expensive than buying such as almond, coconut milks, etc.
    Thanks. I'll take a look

Hi OoshI take Krill oil,it is a lot better than fish oil maybe you could try them
    Petra x

Thanks Petra

I'll look into krill oil. If I can get super high doses I'll give it a go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information