Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish oil

Re: Fish oil

Hi DaveDid you look into the Krill oil?

Hiya

I've bought a high strength omega 3 now. It's not as high as the dose stated in my original post or that available in the U.S but I'll just have to take more each day.

Apparently the krill oil is twice as strong but comes in smaller doses of EPA and DHA so would have to take more pills again each day. I'll keep looking though. I intend to take super high doses of the best I can find.

Ignore what I said about the hemp milk stuff Oosh. I checked it the other day and found it has no EPA & DHA in it, it is all the other 2 types of Omega 3's with some Omega 6's.

The higher strength EPA & DHA product I found has significantly improved my mood so far. I've been taking it for just over a month. How are you getting on with it?

Oh good, glad its working for you.

Ive not felt any different really. Its inflammation im taking it for primarily. I heard inflammation is responsible for lots of stuff in the body, whether its illness, aches and pains, digestive problems, weight gain and it said fish oil was a proven, very effective way at reducing it.

Im also trying to not eat any gluten.

Yes, I've heard that too, somewhere. I think it was something relating to the signalling of nerves and keeping them healthy. I've had sciatica the last 7 weeks, so it would make sense since thats all that really is!

I looked at a few products in Tesco earlier and found that Seven Seas have 2 liquid forms with EPA & DHA in the 700mg+ regions, the high strength said it had a combined value of 1900mg. The Tesco own brand is slightly less but it's less than half the price, hence me giving it a try and it's fine for me.

I guess it might depend on your state of health Oosh. From your pics you look in good shape to me, whereas I have let myself go and my nutrition has not been great. So, maybe it's more noticeable to me because I'm more deficient?

Hope it works for you. I think there is a lot to try with nutrition and exercise in dealing with anxiety & depression, so it's always worth looking at these things.

Try Blackseed oil...It's a plant base and natural! It has omage-3, omega-6, omega-9

Healthspan do a high dose omega 3 liquid with good levels of EHA and DHA

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/products...i5kaAmcz8P8HAQ

I won't lie - not the nicest of things to take in liquid form! But I'm getting used to it - another challenge is remembering to take it lol

Thanks.

Yeh I've actually tried that one. The likes of that is the highest I could find in the UK. You have to watch the liquid too because I think it can go off.

That one provides "414mg DHA and 644mg EPA per serving" per 5ml serving.

This one gives 2800mg of Omega 3 of which 2300mg is EPA & DHA http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seven-Seas-E...ength+fish+oil

Cheers MNIT.

That's 10ml though whereas the health span is in 5ml.

Health span 5ml
    4.6g fish oil
    644mg epa
    414mg dha

Seven seas 5ml
    Fish oil 5.5g
    1150mg combined epa dha
    But the ratios are vital and it doesn't state this.

They reckon it's all in the ratios too as epa is the anti inflammatory and can be cancelled out by dha if ratios aren't correct. Something about the dha not leaving enough space if there's too high a ratio of it.

Some advocate 60/40 epa/dha
    Some say mostly epa
    Some say all epa

I've seen it said 50/50 can be useless.

You also have to deduct the epa/dha content from the fish oil content it says it has as what's not epa or dha is just useless oil you are putting into your body every time you have a serving.

They recommend as high a content as possible in a single serving, with the correct ratios, with very little "unknown" left over so you have to take less servings and so take in less servings of "unknowns". It's also supposed to carry this mark to state it's been lab tested for purity or something. But I don't recall seeing that on many/any that I found.

That's why I was frustrated in my OP because we don't seem to have access to very high strength capsules fitting this criteria.

I found ones with super high content but they seemed to only be available in the U.S.

I ended up getting myprotein capsules because I already get stuff from there.
    Myprotein
    760mg total omega 3
    530mg epa
    90mg dha
    Per 1g capsule.
    Higher ratio of epa to dha.
    Still leaves a lot of unknowns.
    For little effort they ticked some boxes. I gave up looking.

I pop a couple with meals or at least two every morning. I don't feel any different. May be doing me some good so I keep taking them. I've heard enough to conclude fish oil benefits are genuine.
    Last edited by Oosh; 26-10-14 at 11:04.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information