Thread: Bleeding a week after period has ended

Bleeding a week after period has ended

I had my period from the 22nd till the 25th of this month, it was as it usually is, however for the past few days I've had a bit of spotting, and today I had some light blood actually cover my underwear. Accompanied by some cramping.

I've been under a tremendous amount of stress the past two weeks with breast lump scares, my long term boyfriend breaking up with me and some severe issues talked about during counselling sessions.

To say I'm a little concerned would be an understatement :(

Edit: usually I get a bit of blood on the tissue when I wipe a few days after, but this is quite a bit of blood, in the bowl and on the tissue and such...
    Last edited by ColourODarkness; 29-05-14 at 13:22.

Re: Bleeding a week after period has ended

Hi Colour, well you're too young for the menopause obviously which can be a reason for prolonged and heavy periods, although mine were long and heavy all my life until the menopause a few years ago. But periods can be greatly affected by emotions and sounds like you've had a bit of a time of it for sure.

Sometimes it can take a while for periods to get into their flow so to speak...a 3 day period is quite a short light one, and our bodies change with time as the hormones change us, so it could be that maybe you will have slightly longer periods in the furture, or it could be just a one-off. I doubt its anything sinister, but if you're worried ask your doc about it for reassurance.

ISB x

Re: Bleeding a week after period has ended

My period has always been like that. It ends and then a couple days later shows up for a day or two but is extremely light and then is gone completely. I don't really know why, maybe just some leftover blood that didn't get out before.

Thread Information