Thread: Sertraline - Feel like I am withdrawing after moving to 200mg

Sertraline - Feel like I am withdrawing after moving to 200mg

Hi All

I used to post here a few years ago when I was having massive almost daily panic attacks. Can't for the life of me remember the details so I have signed up again!

Anyway my panic/anxiety was being controlled by citalopram 40mg for years hence why I haven't been on for a while. Recently I started to get more depression symptoms and to Doc switched me to Sertraline as I was already on the highest dose of Citalopram.

I have been fine up until I went up to 200mg Sertraline. I have been on 200mg for around 3 weeks and since going to this strength I constantly feel like I am withdrawing from the medication. Exactly the same symptoms as you would get while trying to ween from an SSRI, such as the brain zaps, foggy head, the feeling like your brain turns a little slower then your skull (does that make sense). On top of this while the Sertraline has lifted my mood somewhat, and has made me less lethargic and more motivated, my anxiety is now getting worse again. I'm not sure if this is because I am now worrying more due to these side effects (Believe it or not I have managed to convince myself the withdrawal side effects are because some wierd cancer is causing the drugs not to be absorbed) or if this is because Citalopram is better at controlling anx that Sertraline.

So has anyone ever felt like they are withdrawing even though they are taking them rigidly.

What can anyone suggest re medication. The change from Cit to Sertraline was awful and I don't want to change unnecessarily, but has anyone experienced a drug that is more balanced in controlling anx and depression. Or do you think my anx is raised because of the side effects I am experiencing.

Many thanks and apologies for the long post/
    Last edited by splatweb; 29-05-14 at 13:43.

Re: Sertraline - Feel like I am withdrawing after moving to 200mg

I had this throughout taking cit and sertraline for 9 months. It drove me nuts. My doctor just kept upping the dose. I never found out what happened so I've just come off SSRI's and I'm starting mirt tomorrow.

Thread Information