Thread: Intrusive thoughts and feelings

Intrusive thoughts and feelings

I am feeling completely sh*te today.

Been sitting here all afternoon with horrible feelings running though my viens, the ones that feel like something terrible will happen at any time. The ones that makes you think you are seriously ill, your family are ill, does anyone know what i mean?

I just have the doom feeling all over me :(

Sarah

Hi sarah,

yes I know that feeling well...and then comes the jumping out of my skin everytime the phone rings or a door slams or a car horn sounds! Its like you're just waiting on the next disaster. If my husbands late I think hes crashed or died, if I cant get in touch with my family I think theyre seriously ill, I go to work thinking 'todays the day theyll find out Im useless and I'll be sacked!' No fun eh?

Sadly I dont know the answer, but if you find it let me know please?

Take care

Coni x

hi sarah
    yes in know how it feels to have the constant"what if"thoughts
    it really gets me down sometimes
    i know i must sound miserable but when the xmas season is upon us i feel you have to pretend to everyone that you are soooo happy
    when i feel this way i try to put a funny dvd on or think positive(although that ones harder than it sounds!!!!!)
    take care
    you,re not alone
    rach x

Hi
    can totally relate to this one. Just earlier today I was feeling that dread feeling in the pit of my stomach, like I was worried about something, but I could not put my finger on it. Just a horrible gnawing feeling.
    I thought I would try and write it down for CBT but what to write? I was anxious, but I don't know what about, I don't know what I was thinking at the time, I don't know how to challenge it and I don't know how much I believe it![?]
    Sorry, no answers either, but my understanding on this one.
    Take care
    Happyone
    x

Hi Sarah

When i feel like this i try and distract myself from my thoughts, i try to keep busy, i have spent many a day with mp3 player listening to music to distract myself,i can understand how you feel hun, i keep telling myself also "these are only thoughts and thoughts CAN-NOT hurt me or anyone else"!

Sending you a HUG hun,

Here are some posts that may help too:

Thoughts
    Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind

negative thoughts – dealing with
    Dealing with negative thoughts

love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi sarah,know exactly how you feel pet.You need to distract your self,keeping busy helps like Andrea said.When you have time on your hands you tend to think more.

Ellen XX

I've been feeling this way for months. Feeling kind of on edge all the time but not sure what about and then when something comes along I pounce on it and focus all my worrying on that thing. I know how you feel.

Hi Sarah, just posted something similar on general anxiety section. Had a crap day, all kicked in out of the blue at 10am. Other than us does anyone realy understand what its like to suddenly start feeling this is it, maybe I won't make it home tonight from work? I am sick of it all at the moment. I'm struggling with thoughts of work after Christmas break, I'm back at work after a 2 months spell off, doing 3 days at the moment and would probably like to continue that for a while longer but work can't continue to pay me full pay for too much longer as we are a charity organisation. Being the main 'bread winner' I can't afford to live on less money, don't know what to do????????????? fell trapped and stuck!

Hope you feel a bit better soon

cheers

Dave

Hi Sarah,
    You might want to try some of the following
    1. Go out someplace that you like, if you are sure it will be relaxing.
    2. Go to the gym, get a workout.
    3. Sleep
    4. Try some breathing relaxation techniques.
    5. Take to parents, spouce, very close friends to just say hi. Depending on whether they know about your anxiety or not, you may want to tell them or not.
    6. Keep telling yourselves that its actual anxiety and nothing actually is wrong.

I have been figuring out that so many times over the last year, when I started getting the feeling that something was wrong, I told myself, its just my anxiety and later realized, it indeed was only my anxiety and things were infact not as bad, if not bad at all as my mind imagined and worried.

Take care.

Regards,

asdf

Hi Sarah,
    I know that feeling. I hate it. I know that in reality that nothing is wrong, but I just feel doom. The feeling will pass.
    Take care,
    Michelle

Thread Information