Thread: I think I have OCD - Fleas

I think I have OCD - Fleas

Long story...... a stray cat got in my house in March. Kids started being bitten. Was fleas. Was told to buy indorex and as we didn't have a cat this should sort the problem out. I was then told its hard to get rid of fleas once you have them. I imagined my house crawling with them. I couldn't cope any longer so got pest control out. Problem seemed to go. Then last week my dad went on holiday. I went to his house and looked after the cat twice a day. Noticed cat was scratching. Cat had a couple of fleas. Cat is treated with frontline but I contacted his vet and vet said frontline isn't good anymore. I brought the cat some new medicine and treated it. Told my dad who got house spray.Dad isn't too concerned as he said cat and house are treated.

I can't cope with it. He comes round mine alot and I am convinced he will bring them here. When he goes I hoover all over the house. I make the kids change clothes. My son has 3 small red marks today which I am convinced are bites but they don't itch, my husband said they are not bites. I won't go to my dad house in case I get fleas. I am convinced I will get infested and the whole house will be infested. I pick every black bit up off my floors and inspect it. To calm me down my dad i having pest control round tomorrow to as he put it 'shut me up!'. I am so paranoid I don't know what to do.

Re: I think I have OCD - Fleas

My daughter had the same problem last year after she got her kitten and they had to get the whole house fumigated, put all her and her boyfriends clothes in the wash and treat the kitten. Her boyfriend was so paranoid he had to go and stay with his parents for a week! Like you he was thinking every black dot on the floor was a flea..it made him crazy. They're ok now though and just keep on top of treating the cat but they went through hell for a few weeks with it...my daughter was so upset. With your dad getting his house treated too I'm sure the problem will go away eventually.

Thread Information