Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Diazepam and zoplicone withdrawal

Re: Diazepam and zoplicone withdrawal

Hi guys. I am not sure how I am feeling. I felt really good for a few days, and then since yesterday starting feeling a bit more anxious again. Really weird.

The only time my head feels really good is first thing in the morning.

How are you doing Marie? How is your increase going? And your cat, how is the feeding going.

Thanks Pulisa for your positive notes as well.

Paula

Hi, Paula!
    Very encouraging that you got some good days, remember and hang onto that! The way I've seen it go on here is that there will be blips of a day to several days duration, then a lift out of it again. And you need to work with those good days to get out and about and do things that need doing, which all work alongside to make you feel better. Know that the blips are just that, and they will pass. As time goes on, the blips will be of shorter duration and then get fewer and further between.

Thomas had hissing, growling fits last night over his pill (he's on mirtazapine and hates when it dissolves on his tongue!) and his last feeding. Hope he's in better spirits this morning, I have to get him up now and off to the vet's for a weigh in. I will be sure to report!

My cat had a horrible reaction to mirt-can't believe that vets use it to stimulate the appetite of cats refusing to eat! Wonder whether humans on mirt know this?!
    I do hope that all your hard work with Thomas will see an increase in weight, Marie, but don't be disheartened if there's not much change. So long as his weight is not dipping you are doing just fine.

Paula, if it's any consolation I am having a prolonged dip and have a load of horrible physical symptoms at the moment. It is so debilitating having to constantly battle through the day. On Sunday my daughter and I are going to look at some week- old baby guinea pigs with a view to choosing 2 males to take home when they are around 6 weeks old. I am hoping to distract myself sufficiently to throw off some of the symptoms but it's so hard ,isn't it?

Is your cat quite old Marie. Can't believe they give animals antidepressants!

Pulsia, I know how you feel. Just have to keep on fighting. It is very hard when you have slumps. When this happens to me I just keep telling myself that I have been here before and I will get back to feeling okay again it is just going to take time. (I get really anxious and worried that I am going to go back to feeling really bad and not cope with things, its so hard). But no matter how horrible I feel I don't let it hold me back. If I have to go somewhere I just go. Then I come home and have a cry and sometimes feel heaps better.

I think a major for me at the moment is I have developed a tolerance to diazepam and when it wears off I feel horrible. But I don't take it until the time when I am meant to again.

I had a really horrible panic attack the other day and couldn't breath. I said to myself, there are two things I can do here. Take some diazepam or try and breath and keep telling myself it will go away. Which I did, and in time it did go away. Felt so proud of myself.

I need to get off the diazepam and then find a good dose of effexor to settle on. This is going to take time. I just wish it was tommorrow.

How are things going with you Marie. Noticed any increase in side effects?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information