Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diazepam and zoplicone withdrawal

Re: Diazepam and zoplicone withdrawal

Funny, I've been thinking about how good it would be to have work again to focus on, the more challenging the better.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Anyway, Hemps, I know your frustration. You may want to try again after you've been on the venlaxafine for another month or so. Here's what I found at between 11 weeks and 12 weeks: I couldn't deny that I was doing way better, i.e. I realized I hadn't cried for weeks. At last I was finding that the negative thoughts were coming much less often, and that my mind was able to steer away from them much easier! I have a confidence now that everything is going to be okay now, but it really gelled at right around the 3 month mark.

So, that's what I'm suggesting; in another few weeks you may have more confidence to take the steps again to come off the diazepam. You could ask your doctor for that beta blocker before you start (for physical symptoms), and stock up on chamomile tea and movies and develop a support network that will help. Be good to yourself
    Marie
    (ps, don't be afraid to consider a detoxification centre, it might be what you ultimately need. That's what they're there for, plenty of people have struggled before you).

Hi thanks everyone!

I think maybe I am trying to come off too fast. Haven't really given the Effexor much time to kick in. I don't know. Think I will have to have a wee chat with my doctor.

I go to tech during the week to study and feel quite good when I am there, but in the weekends finds things really hard.

I am just going to have to grin and bear it and hope the effexor kicks in and take things really slowly when withdrawing from the other two drugs.

Anxiety sucks and I would wish it on my worst enemy!

Hemps, I used to feel the same way bout weekends. Work gives me a structure and something else to think about - I try and use weekends to relax, to focus on myself and wht I need, to feel lousy if I want to. I also try and book things in to keep me busy...a kind of balancing act.
    I too am withdrawing from 4 months on Diazepam. I'm doing it it 1mg a a time. At my highest I was taking 2 mg, 3 times a day, today I decreased to 1mg in the morning. I've done it really gradually and not let my GP pressure me to do it faster. I feel a 'bump' after a few days, and the anxiety (tight chest, feel sick, trembling) and negative "I can't do this" thinking comes back but it dissipates after a few days. I'm also on 40mg citalopram and am certainly not thinking about reducing both at the same time. Just take your time and try to stay positive, I knwo it's really hard as I'm doig this too.

Yep I hate weekends. And I have three young boys so it doesn't help. I have been feeling quite anxious again at the moment. I can't seem to drop more than quarter of diazepam at a time. I probably should go back to the dr but he will only increase my effexor. I was feeling heaps better about a month ago but now seem to have gone backwards with trying to wean off the diazepam.

I just want to be on one med. I used to be able to cope on one med, I feel things have gotten out of control over the last year.

Good luck with your weaning it sounds like you are doing well!

Hi I have just dropped three quarters of a tablet of diazepam over the last three weeks. One quarter each week. Today I feel absolutely horrible today. Started to notice changes with having a severe headache a couple of days ago, now extreme anxiety and not being able to sleep, also tight muscles in my stomach and feeling sick.

I don't know what to do. I am thinking maybe raising it again and stablising and trying again. I am trying to tell myself it is just the drugs but doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Anyone got any advice for me?

What strength tablets are you on?

You have reduced quite quickly, however the important thing with benzo withdrawal is generally not to increase the dose back up if you can possibly avoid it.

It does sound like you have withdrawal symptoms though.

Hi I am only on 2 mg tabs. Now down to .5 in morning and 2 mg at night.
    I think I am starting to feel a bit better. Will try and not increase and right it out.

I will leave it for a few weeks before trying again.

Diazepam withdrawal too fast

Hi I have been trying to wean off my diazepam. I withdrew 1/4 tablet per week as I felt okay. Then 3rd week accidently forgot one of my doses and decided I would just knock that one out as well. That was a very wrong decision. Since then my anxiety has risen, I feel really stressed, my head feels fuzzy. This has been happening for 4 weeks. To add to it I have had three sick children for a week, my husband tore his calf muscle, had an ear infection so I was left to do everything, and I am very behind in my school work.

I don't know what to do. If I go back to the doctor he will increase my antidepressant but that will take weeks, I go to a physicologist but don't have an appointment until next week

I hate this drug! Wish I never started taking it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Aw, hunni, I feel for you. I've done the benzo withdrawal thing so I know from experience what you are going through. It is only the diazepam you are currently withdrawing from, right? Not the zopiclone also, is that right? ...

Is it the morning dose you forgot, the lower one? Not sure if you can manage it with your daytime responsibilities, but I have read that Benadryl helps with benzo withdrawal. Recommended on a number of sites, although I didn't know about it myself so I can't speak from experience. Talk to me when I am coming off the zopiclone! Ha ha! Worth a shot? This could keep you going until you see the psychologist, and an increase in Effexor kicks in. I also haven't upped that in months but will be soon. The last refill, I got the pharmacist to make it up out of the lowest dose capsules so I can titrate up more slowly for a week or two so the side effects aren't hopefully as noticeable. It should be in two days that he gives me the increased scrip, I will ask him how long before I can feel a difference and let you know how it goes.

Good luck, hun, keep us posted okay? xx
    Marie

It was a late afternoon dose I forgot. Haven't even gone anywhere near the zoplicone withdrawal yet. I don't know whether to increase the dosage of the diazepam (really don't want to to do this) or ask the doctor what he thinks.

It is so hard as my husband doesn't understand what I am going through and when I try and talk to him he switches off and gets really stressed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information