Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting in the relevant forum

Re: Posting in the relevant forum

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    We are trying to move the posts from HA forum to more relevant ones but people see the HA forum as the busiest so post there.
    Maybe you've hit the nail on the head, If you could turn the Viewing counters off then maybe people would spend more time choosing where to post rather than just choosing the busiest.

I just went on there, first time in awhile and there was a post more suited for introduction and two or three that would have been more appropriate in the General Anxiety section.

people aren't posting in the HA section because it is busiest though.... they are posting there because they do have Health anxiety but their problem would be better suited going in another sub-forum.

say Someone Posted says "I have missed my Period and now I am worried that I have cancer" or "I went to the Toilet and my Penis stung"...... instead of the Health Anxiety forum the Posts would be more suited to the Female Personal issues and Male personal issues respectively. this goes for the other sub forums too.

So what we ask is that you have a look at the Forum and see which would be the best for you to post in

Emmz
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 03-06-14 at 20:49.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I think people ARE posting in there cos it is the busiest forum - some members have said so in their posts when I have moved them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Is there anyway to move the Viewer Counter Off, maybe for a trial run?

Not sure but I think it is good to see how active a website forum is based on thread/post count.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    people aren't posting in the HA section because it is busiest though.... they are posting there because they do have Health anxiety but their problem would be better suited going in another sub-forum.

say Someone Posted says "I have missed my Period and now I am worried that I have cancer" or "I went to the Toilet and my Penis stung"...... instead of the Health Anxiety forum the Posts would be more suited to the Female Personal issues and Male personal issues respectively. this goes for the other sub forums too.

So what we ask is that you have a look at the Forum and see which would be the best for you to post in

Emmz

Ooops sorry I missed out the word 'just' it was meant to say...

people aren't just posting in the HA section because it is busiest though

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are people with anxiety but not HA who come to NMP, see all the HA posts, and think it's just a HA website. They may drift away or not get involved.

The HA sub-forums mostly relate to health issues that are caused by or directly affected by anxiety (except women's and men's issues). That's clearly NMP territory.

But what of all the posts by people who are anxious they might have a non-anxiety physical issue, like heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, cancer, multiple sclerosis, mad cow disease, and so on? There are multiple issues involved - some to do with physical health and others to do with anxiety, and I'm not sure what the best way is to deal with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information