Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: panicking late at night

panicking late at night

Hey guys.. I got out the shower about 12ish and started watching a movie whilst I was sat on the sofa I saw my right foot was ever so slightly pufft looking than my left!
    This has put me into panic mode and I don't know why it is like this.
    I do take amlodopine, so I don't know if it because of that.
    I am in bed now but I doubt I'll get a proper nights sleep now and I gotta wake up at 7.
    My foot feels like just slightly tingly..but hardly noticeable.
    Someone please re assure me this isn't to do with my heart so I can get to bed at least.

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

It feels like the tingling has gone on to the other foot as well, and it feels like it's slowly going place up my leg :(
    Is anyone awake?

Re: panicking late at night

I'm in America. ...I'm awake! I'm sure it's just your anxiety....we can talk if you need to get your mind focused on something else?

It probably is my anxiety but my right foot is slightly puffy than my left.. I don't think that's normal is it?

I have had one foot puffier than the other. I'm sure it's absolutely nothing and your imagination is running wild. You could take a pic and share?

It's only puffy slightly like you can't even notice it if you don't look at it properly.
    My foot feels weird too, like a tingling sensation and it's really worrying me

It's amazing what are minds can make us believe if we think it. For example, think about a white bear....I'm serious. Now for the next 20 seconds do everything in your power to NOT think of a white bear and see if you can do it.

You are totally fine ... your foot is fine. If you think it's swollen maybe put an ice pack on it to feel as though you're doing something to help the situation. But I'm sure it isn't necessary.

I don't know I'm so close to calling the ambulance or something, I just lifted my leg up whilst in bed and I got a really sharp pain on the side of my leg...
    Everyone's a sleep and I don't want to wake anyone up but I'm having a panic right now

I stretched my leg whilst lying down lifting it up and the pain was intense by the knee but on the side a bit. It could be completely unrelated but I'm so scared right now thinking I got a blood clot or something serious wrong with me
    Last edited by RVP; 01-06-14 at 02:56.

Take slow, deep breaths. You can get through this. Why don't you call a friend....who cares if you wake them up? It will help.

One side of your body is larger than the other. Usually the dominant side.

None of my friends know I suffer from anxiety..
    And I don't wanna wake up my mum and say my foot is tingling I think it's a blood clot she will just look at me as if I'm mad and tell me to go to sleep.
    I'm calm now but I'm still just thinking about my foot no sleep for me tonight I guess.

Rose I agree with you but it's not bigger normal bigger it's puffy bigger. And tingling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information