Thread: Driving me nuts!

Driving me nuts!

Of course maybe it is not a good idea for someone with such terrible anxiety to work in a hospital but hey I guess that's what I went for. I have an increasing fears that there are some major issues going on with me. For one everytime I have pins and needles I assume MS, any weird bump or pimple or pain must be cancer. It is really making me sick to my stomach. Recently, my nose has been breaking out bad and weird and I feel like it's something serious. My doctor has looked at it twice and saw nothing. It's not that I want something to be found, but I feel like she is missing something! I just haven't felt right in months and I know it's my stupid mind getting the best of me but still. :( Totally freaked!

Re: Driving me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by ALiarsPromise View Post
    ...I feel like she is missing something! ...
    This is a really common feeling for people with health anxiety. Still feeling panic after repeated reassurance is something many have to contend with. Have you sought any help for your anxiety, rather than asking about the nose? You need to give the doctor an idea of how long you've worried over health matters, and how it has stopped you living a normal life.

I wonder if working in a hospital might actually be helpful in the end? You are being repeatedly exposed to the things you fear, and that technique is often used as part of CBT (just like with overcoming a phobia). Ideally, people can get to the point where they witness medical things and are able to treat it as normal life, and just move on.

I do not suffer from Health Anxiety, but I have supported my wife through 12 years of battling with it.

Thread Information