Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My kittens eyes!

Re: My kittens eyes!

They do look a little sore bless him!!

From what i can see the inner eyelid the, white bit that is showing in the corner doesn't look too red. If this does go red or even pink all over then could be conjunctivitus which clears up on it's own anyway.

My cat has been having a few weepy days the past few weeks, am guessing it's allergies, i'd only be worried to take him to the vets if the gunk is green or yellow, just like humans it's a sign of infection, but if the weeping is clear i'd give him another day or two and see if he gets better, just keep bathing them like Alexandriauk says with tea, i just usually use a teabag, wait for it to be a little bit warm and wipe his eyes with it, if you can get a bit of warm water, and try to rinse his eye out. Be very careful though for it not to be too hot. I find cold water shocks the little mites and it's no fun getting them to co-operate after a shock!!

Hope he's feeling better soon!!

And like sadnomore says he should be due his first vaccinations so you could just get them booked and have his eyes checked while you're at it!! (Sorry didn't see your other post!)
    The third eyelid is just another bit of protection for the cats eye, this closes over the eye from near their nose as you can see on your little monster!! You usually can't see them as much, and them being seen is a sign of an irritant in the eye!

Aww my poor baby, i will do anything i can to help him, he is acting fine still playful so im guessing he is not in any pain, the discharge is white/clear, thanks for all the advice!!

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Hello there miss Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by eve22 View Post
    his check up isn't until Friday, should i rush it? and what is a 3rd eyelid? is that bad? Aww im worried about him

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Marie, awww thank you so much
    The 3rd eyelid is a normal part of a cat's anatomy. It helps protect the eye. You often see it when they're sleeping with their eyes partially open. Do what the vet and others have said. Wipe his eyes with a clean warm wet cloth and if shows signs of worsening, call the vet and see if you can take him in sooner. If it's really bothering him, he'll show signs like rubbing with his paw or being more lethargic...basically acting like it bothers him. My cat had some eye issues when he was younger due to stress (being flown from TX, moving etc.). The vet gave me a salve and it cleared up.

He's just been separated from his Mom and siblings and thrown into a new environment. It certainly could be that. Just keep an eye on him

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, thanks You always give some great advice! He hasn't really paid any attention to his eyes, i have, you know how we mothers notice and worry about our babies a kitty babies
    I think he could be a bit stressed with these crazy kids of mine, he was in a basement with his mommy and sibs so this is a huge change! from being in a dark quiet place to being thrown in a ZOO!! lol

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

I have him in our bathroom with the door close and his litter box so he can get some nap time and time away from us!!
    Also he pooped in the hall way and the kids room so i think he need to get used to the litter, he used it the first 2 days and he he was home alone yesterday having a feild day all over the house! lol

Eve,

It's best to have him isolated with his food and litter box for now. Maybe keep him in your bedroom for a while? Make sure you spend time with him and have "supervised" time with the kids. Let him get used to the activity and noise of a busy household and teach your children how to handle him, pet him etc. He shouldn't have run of the house at this young of an age. There's too many things he can get into or hurt himself. Remember, he's a baby. Take the poo and put it in the litter box. Take him and put him in the box to get the idea. It won't be long before he understands I'm sure. If you see him using the box, praise him and reward him if he'll eat a treat.

I've been a dog person all my life and got my first cat at age 41... She was a fuzzy orange tabby and while she was sweet to me (most of the time), she was a temperamental little B&^$ at times too! ~lol~ But then, I didn't have the knowledge about raising a cat either and her temperament was probably partly a result of my upbringing of her. Cats have a certain body language and you have to understand that. If you get a chance, look up "My Cat From Hell" with Jackson Galaxy. He's amazing with felines and you can learn a lot.

Our boy (a Pixie Bob) is by far the coolest animal I've shared my life with. He's sweet, loving, smart beyond words, obedient (smart and obedient are not two words often combined with "cat" ~lol~) and a wonderful companion. Much of that has to do with the personality of the breed but I know a lot of it is due to how we raised him.

You'll be fine with him Eve... read what you can about kittens and cats and show him a lot of love and you'll get it in return.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'd agree that they do look a little inflammed... probably a slight infection or something, nothing to worry about I'm sure, but might need some drops from the vet. I remember one of my kitten's eyes being just like that and needed treatment. I think it was similar to conjuctivitis that we get.. so be careful when you've touched his face, it might be contagious to us too.

Sadly i had to give or kitten to my mother en law, 2 of my children were allergic to cats, just found out 2 days ago when they broke out really bad could hardly breath and there eyes were itchy and red!
    It was sad cause they loved him!
    So i think were going to go back to having birds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information