Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia - desperately searching for the one person we need, can you help us?

Smile Agoraphobia - desperately searching for the one person we need, can you help us?

Hello all

I am new here! I have come in a desperate search of anyone who can help. We are looking for someone who can come out to treat my Mums Neurodevelopmental delay at home. We really think this is the key to conquering my Mums agoraphobia, she hasn't left the house since 1999. Our story is on youtube but it won't let me post the link here :( anyone kind enough to watch can search 'letsgetmumout' on youtube.

My mum has had many treatments for agoraphobia and there have been improvements, but the thing she can't get rid if is the disorientation. It is believed that getting rid of the Neurodevelopmental delay will remove the disorientation which my mum finds so hard to deal with. If anybody on here can help, please email: letsgetmumout (@) gmail.com

Is the person we are looking for viewing this site right now? We sure hope so

Thank you so much guys, this means the world to us xx

Re: Agoraphobia - desperately searching for the one person we need, can you help us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EhaF7Q7A2w

I think this is the link to your film. I really hope that you can find someone who can help your Mum.

Re: Agoraphobia - desperately searching for the one person we need, can you help us?

Annie0904 thank you SO much! I really appreciate you sharing that, we all do
    We won't be giving up anytime soon

I would like to add if anyone uses any form of social media and would be kind enough to share it, that would be wonderful. We are hoping to spread the word! Thank you everyone

I will share it on my face book page

Fantastic! What a warm welcome to this site! xx

I am just a little older than your mum and would have been gutted to miss my childrens graduations. I get really anxious about going places but I can get to most things. I really hope you find the help for your mum. There must be someone out there who can help her so that she can get out again x

How long have you been Agoraphobic Annie? Have you found anything that has helped you a little? Before 1999 the last time my Mum left the house was when I was born (in 1990), and that was a real struggle for her. It's not just my graduation she has coming up, it's also my brothers wedding next year so I think that has really given the boost to start trying to get out again. I'm so proud of her, for everything she has been through and for remaining positive throughout. I know one day we will find the right person who can help us, especially with kind people like yourself helping to spread the word. Do you have OBD/NDD too? Xx

I have General Anxiety Disorder and PTSD. I don't really consider myself as Agoraphobic although I did go through a time when I didn't want to leave the house because my anxiety was so bad but it was really bad even in my home at that point and I just wanted to hide in bed. CBT has helped me and so has Intense Psychotherapy. I still get little blips now and again but I am mostly okay now and going to Malta on holiday tomorrow. I have shared your link on facebook and my friends are sharing it too

I see. That's great that you're off to Malta! Big pat on the back for you Again, I can't thank you enough for encouraging people to share our link have a wonderful holiday! Xx

Thank you, I am a nervous wreck about getting there but will be fine once I am there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information