Thread: something is seriously wrong

Exclamation something is seriously wrong

so I woke up normal, I was able to walk around earlier today. it was just fine until I ate something, I had last night whole grain, whole wheat pasta. And then I had some milk. A few hours later I can't even stand up, not without my heart going about 140 bpm and it beating irregularly, my chest hurts and I get a headache instantaneously. I've been crawling around the house cleaning all day, it's fine when I sit down... but if I stand up, all hell break loose. is something wrong? I feel like I'm about to die... I don't know what I should do. I have a doctors appointment on the 16th, but I'm thinking of calling in and just going in tomorrow.this is frustrating and I've already broken down a few times today... somebody just help me out here. I'm just desperate for this to be over.

Re: something is seriously wrong

It sounds like anxiety to me. But if your worried why not go to urgent care?

Re: something is seriously wrong

Koalabear, sometimes if we eat a lot and have a very full stomach it can affect our heart rate. It happens to me all the time, well all the time when I eat too much food lol. It also makes acid reflux easier to happen, which can affect your heart rate too.

Then when you add panic about your heart rate on top of that, it can make your palpitations even worse. I've been there, through that whole cycle, when I didn't know why the hell my heart was racing all the time. Now I know it's connected to reflux and food, so I don't worry about it anymore.

A chat with your doctor would be good, and maybe look into the possibility of acid reflux with them. Practising a relaxation method will help you to calm down from the panic and slow your heart rate too, perhaps have a look at YouTube for a nice guided relaxation to follow. Hope you feel better soon x

Thread Information