Thread: Bisoprolol

Bisoprolol

I've been prescribed bisoprolol and now on 2.5mg however I'm still getting flutters a few times per day and sometimes a run of palps. Should these be stopping them completely? Would appreciate anyone else's experience on them.

Re: Bisoprolol

Hi, I have been on 2.5mg Bisoprolol for over a year now. I was prescribed them by a Cardiologist for my long standing issues with flutters, missed beats etc which have caused me no end of misery over the years. I also had started getting runs of Tachycardia which were just about the most horrible thing that I had ever experienced. The tablets have substantially reduced the episodes of Tachycardia but I still get as many skipped beats and flutters as before. I do know of some people however who have told me that Beta blockers have stopped their palpitations completely, it depends on the individual I suppose.

Your experience sounds exactly like my own. My gp has suggested I see a cardiologist because of the runs even though they last less than 10 seconds. More for my own peace of mind.

It also depends on dosage....2.5mg isn't a lot. It takes 40mgs to slow down the ectopics and flutters for me, although everybody is different.

Hi all, my first time post here.
    I've been on nebivolol 1x5 mg for about 6 years primary for my (borderline) hypertension and secondary for my extrasystoles (ectopic beats). Like bisoprolol it's a newer kind of beta blocker but I find it to have not so brilliant impact on ectopics. Still averaging about 10 or so daily together with occasional multiple forceful beats...
    40 mg is the dosage for propranolol which is somewhat older beta blocker, but not neceserrily less efective for ectopics.
    In my experience 2,5 mg bisoprolol is the usual dose they prescribe for these indications.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Hi all, my first time post here.
    I've been on nebivolol 1x5 mg for about 6 years primary for my (borderline) hypertension and secondary for my extrasystoles (ectopic beats). Like bisoprolol it's a newer kind of beta blocker but I find it to have not so brilliant impact on ectopics. Still averaging about 10 or so daily together with occasional multiple forceful beats...
    40 mg is the dosage for propranolol which is somewhat older beta blocker, but not neceserrily less efective for ectopics.
    In my experience 2,5 mg bisoprolol is the usual dose they prescribe for these indications.
    Yes that is correct, in fact I am pretty sure the maximum dosage for Bisoprolol is only 10mg.

My gp said bisoprolol is a long term beta blocker I can stay on. Propranolol made me too spaced out but i only took it occasionally. I still panic massively when I get the flutters so I know I need to stop my body's response to this. Easier said than done though!!

Thread Information