Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trying to fight a controlling, manipulative colleague who is making me unhappy

Re: Trying to fight a controlling, manipulative colleague who is making me unhappy

Hi everyone and thank you for posting.
    After being micro managed much of last eeek, when we got to Friday, suddenly she backed off. Became all sweetness and light. I really don't get it. Today even better. She does confuse me so much,
    I am sure I've been giving off bad vibes towards my manager for some time but then I'm really just mirroring her. I decided to "be nice" to her because that might invite her to be equally nice & mirror my better mood. I Can't say that this is the reason for her sudden improvement of mood, I think unfortunately she has a habit of bringing her private life to work with her & if that's not going well, she is just in a bad mood.
    I enjoyed today, left to get on Edith it and I was very productive.
    Terry, thanks very much for your input, much appreciated. She's actually been doing the role for over a year now. Sadly she doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes, same things keep happening. A few months ago she went for the jugular with me & after upsetting me (visibly) she then said "I didn't handle that very well did I?". I was polite but made sure she knew she didn't.
    Sadly as well she doesn't seem to value the input of her colleagues. We all have something to offer (as a team) but often she discounts what people have said (even if you are right and she knows it). That's very frustrating not just for me.
    We r a small company so no hr. our bosses are clueless really, they leave the manager to get on with it. She's also clueless. Oh well.
    Do you know, I repeatedly told her she'd end up working long hours & the bosses would come to expect that. She admitted to me the other day sometimes she wishes she could step down from the role. The irony? I've managed several people before now and cud give her so much constructive advice but she wouldn't listen. I can people manage til the cows come home but I don't want the responsibility anymore.
    As regards a phased return, I think if I had told them my doctor recommended it, they'd have been ok with it. Apparently they had expected it but didn't tell me that. Shame, I could have eased myself back in and it may well have helped.
    Allurelle, I hv new hrt to take. I have no ovaries now & working out what is hormone related or stress related or indeed down to other physical issues I've got, is very difficult. My go said it could be weeks before I feel better physically & also given other life changing things happening, I know I need to be patient. I did express to my boss that I have some big things happening & i'm doing everything I can to get better.
    Cath, I honestly don't know why some people are horrible in the work place. I'd never post here if things were as good as they were today.
    Last week was just awful. I know some of it is my mind playing tricks on me. Hormone related perhaps. I'm just beginning to accept that I have been through so much the last 18 months. I do need time to hit top form again, just such a shame this colleague mas made it so much more difficult.
    Onwards and upwards as they say.
    By way of balancing things out, I also have a lovely colleague who always notices if I'm having a bad day. Thank goodness for someone like that. Really does help me. I sometimes get a reality check from a conversation with her. It helps me to make sure I'm not going overboard in my reactions. Today she said she's worried about me. I'm worried about me too. But I am making sure I look after myself because that is important. Hopefully soon I will start to feel better physically as well & the knock on effects of my surgery will improve.
    My mind is not very clear at the moment & that's something else I am finding is clouding my judgement. I'm rambling in my posts too....
    Off to bed now, sleep being something I need plenty of. Night.

Re: Trying to fight a controlling, manipulative colleague who is making me unhappy

Well folks.... I will have the last laugh with this idiotic colleague because .....

I FOUND A NEW JOB!!!!!!!

Tessar,

Congratulations on find a new Job. thinking of you

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information