Thread: fluoxetine

Red face fluoxetine

Hey everyone I am Becca
    I have literally only just joined this site as I have some questions and would be great to also have some support in general.
    I finally got the courage after struggling for 2 years to see my GP properly about my depression and yesterday got given fluoxetine. I have only taken one capsule yesterday and woke up today throwing up(about 5 times) with hot flushes and my tummy feeling a bit unwell. Is this normal? Especially only after one capsule, I am scared to carry on now already but I do want to as I think I have come to a breaking point and I do need medicine.
    Thanks for reading any help would be really appreciated!

Re: fluoxetine

Hi lovely, you need to re post this on the fluoxetine/Prozac part of the forum, admin may move it for you though.
    There are lots of people posting about fluoxetine use on that part of that forum , myself included, for the record your side effects are not unusual but if you check out the posts you will find out lots of advice, info and support, good luck x x

HI Beccayorke , I suffer from depression and I take fluoxetine , the side effects you wrote about are normal and it can take a few weeks for them all to go away but I assure you when they do and the medication kicks in you will feel back to normal , its not easy to get through the first weeks , I wont pretend it is but the best thing is to take one day at a time and keep in touch with the people on this site because we have been through everything your going through right now and we can answer any questions you have about the medication and side effects and if there is something we don't know we will try and find out for you , KEEP IN TOUCH WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

I am also on fluox for depression brought on by anx/pan. The side effects for the first couple of weeks can be pretty rough. I didn't throw up, but I lost my appetite and basically had to make myself eat a little each day. I have read on this site, though, about many others on here who have experienced the vomiting at first. Almost everyone gets better if they remain on the med, but there are some on here that had to change meds for various reasons. I think it is too early to tell if fluox will work for you or not, so if possible, stick it out. If it does work, you will be pleased with results!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information