Thread: Pretty sure I have head / neck cancer

Pretty sure I have head / neck cancer

I am waiting to have a needle biopsy of a lymph node that has been enlarged for ages! but I have other symptoms too. Persistent ear ache, with a feeling of fluid in the ear, head ache on one side, neck ache on the same side, pins and needles up the back of my head, need to clear my throat all the time. Dry throat. My doc just said my lymph nodes are reactive but they are feeling harder than they were, although not grown at all, still at about 1cm. Ibruprofen doesn't help. Dentist thinks I have neuralgia but. The symptoms do not fit.

I have young children, I don't want to die.

Anyone able to give me some reassurance?

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

I should also add, I am female, 37 non smoker, social drinker, dr has ruled out ear infection.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Oh, and many of these symptoms didn't just come on - ear ache has been about a month, head pain pretty much for ages, neck pain for months.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

And sporadic tooth pain that doesn't appear infected.

Re: Pretty sure I have head / neck cancer

UkMama,

I mentioned this on a previous post of yours. I had Head and Neck cancer. The biopsy will be the definitive answer. That being said....

A 1cm node that hasn't grown and other symptoms that have been there "for ages", non smoker, young age (compared to the general H&N cancer profile) as well as previous tests and medical professionals opinions bodes well. I had no symptoms other than a swollen hard node. However, from the time I noticed it until the time it was biopsied, it grew. By the time I went in for surgery to remove the cancer (six months after noticing the node), I felt "ill" and it looked like I had the mumps on the left side on my neck.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 12-06-14 at 19:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You are such a reassuring person. I am in the ER at the moment. Got ear pain so badly I thought it was bleeding or something and almost passed out so hubby bought me in. They are testing me for mono but don't really have any idea what is going on with me. I also had some fluid in my ear. They gave me vicodin for the pain though. It's nice to be pain free for a change but I do hate the way it makes me feel.

Hopefully I'll get my biopsy soon.

Turns out I'm not 37 either. I'm 36. Lol. I guess I lost track once my kids were born.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

To clarify, Not a biopsy at the er of course. Just waiting on a date from the surgeon.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment! Having my fingers crossed for you.

Well I don't have mono, and the Vicodin lasted less than two hours, so my ear ache and headache are coming back. I have to go see a neurologist (fortunately I had already booked an appointment, but it's not until the end of July) to see if they can help with the headaches (they are one sided, and start from the bottom of my head then spread up the back of my head) and of course I am waiting to hear back about a biopsy of the lymph node.

Thanks for your kind comments people.

Ugh, now I have pain down the entire left side of my neck. Called the dr about biopsy (again). He is waiting to hear back from radiology.

Thread Information