Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elektromyografie (EMG) test today!, UPSET!

Elektromyografie (EMG) test today!, UPSET!

I had my EMG test done and the doctor scared me and said something to the technician about why he is doing this nerve test and something about seeing demylianation???? and that you do this because that was a little slow????, so I sat up and asked? Is there something wrong? Is everything normal? He said that one was a little slow, that it's borderline slow, and he said you look really worried, it's fine,
    and now i cant remember everything he said that it was okay maybe thats what he said, and that everythinng is looking normal. but the borderline slow thing and demylianation scares me, so on the way out i asked the girl what that meant, she said, Oh you don't have that.
    with this anxiety doing this test was not a good idea, i am having anxiety attacks and telling myself it's okay, he said the good news is, you don't have a pinched nerve....
    if anyone can please give me some reassurance here i would love to hear from you please
    thank you!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

I have to go back and have it done on my hands, and arms I guess next week. This sucks, I really am seriously thinking of not going next week. My anxiety is worse from going. NOT Better!!!, but isn’t that the case with anxiety? And especially with health anxiety.
    Is there ever a reason a doctor would downplay something? Because he did one more test and asked the technician why he is doing it. And said the term demylianation. But the tech said I don’t have that my anxiety is so high right now, it’s hard to remember how things went, I remember her saying he just wants me to learn, but, I just wanted to know if everything is normal, God I hate this, I keep thinking about it, and panicking, does anyone know what I mean?
    My therapist said that anxiety causes tingling. And also people have said the muscle twitches. I am sooooooo scared again! I have been on the anxiety medicine for 6 weeks now and was feeling so much better and now, I can’t eat, I am smoking so much! I feel sick.
    1. She said I do not have ‘demylianation’
    2. He said everything looks good.
    3. He said good news you don’t have a pinched nerve.
    So, am I okay? Does that mean he’s done, or does he have to still go over the results?? Anyone know? Does that mean I should go for my arms too? when I go back next week will everything be okay? I am so scared to go back. So, that is one week I will go do that, and then two weeks later my family doctor wants to see me about the tests? How am I going to get through this? I am so sick with worry, the tingling is bad now, is that my anxiety??
    I have been through hell since the end of February, and just started to feel better, I cannot do this all again.
    I hope someone responds to my posts, and has experience with this,,,, anxiety and maybe the tingling and the tests too, that would help so much

Re: Elektromyografie (EMG) test today!, UPSET!

Why doesn't anyone comment on this??????

Hi... I have no personal experience of this kind of issue, but I just wanted to post and say how sorry I am to hear you're in a bad state due to the worry regarding your test results.

I've just looked up 'demylianation', and now know what it might mean if found for sure, so I can understand your fears. However, I can't imagine the doctor would say things were ok, and the nurse too, if something untoward had been found. The most they'd say, I'd guess, would be "wait until your doctor gets the results", or something along those lines.

I've had a lot of health issues over the years, and I've never been falsely reassured by any doctor or radiographer etc... if it's good news, and they know, they tell me. If it's bad, they either hint at further testing, or refuse to tell me anything until the doctor who requested the tests has seen the results.

Tingling can definitely be part of anxiety, especially if you're really anxious. Maybe try and work on your breathing and relaxation, and see if you notice a difference in the tingling.

If you've just had this EMG test, why would you still want specific testing on your arms?

Stop stressing out. He said, "It looks good" and "Everything is fine". You are upsetting yourself and causing the Anxieties to take over. And us Anxiety sufferers have to have these things checked out so that we can cross them off of list of worries. Worrying is what we all do and we make ourselves ill with worry. Just keep saying to yourself that 'Everything is Fine', just like the Doctor told you.

Are the muscle twitches from anxiety? My therapist said that the tingeling is caused by anxiety. Anyone else do this?

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdayschild44 View Post
    Are the muscle twitches from anxiety? My therapist said that the tingeling is caused by anxiety. Anyone else do this?
    Yep it can be... have a read through this link on the forum - it mentions both tingling and twitching, amongst other symptoms of anxiety.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Anxiety definitely causes muscle twitches. I know its difficult, but try to ignore them, they won't harm you. Your body is reacting to the anxieties and they go eventually. They peak, then calm down. You can have them anywhere in the body. I had them in the legs, toes, arms, head, face; basically everywhere. Don't be frightened. Your mind is playing havoc with you. Just try to relax and they will go.

I twitch too! A lot! Totally harmless.

If they said the is no demylianation and that everything looks good, I can't imagine there is anything wrong.

I twitch all the time. I have had 2 brain MRIs and they showed no sign of anything wrong, so now I accept that the twitches are just a normal part of who I am.

Thank you all for helping. I am so glad that this site is here. I noticed a lot of people from Britain and the United kingdom have doctors who tell them there symptoms are from anxiety, I'm wondering if doctors here are not very educated on anxiety. My doctor said it is on the outside of his field. I wish it wasn't I need help with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information