Thread: bleeding/period that won't stop...

bleeding/period that won't stop...

I started a period that looked quite normal and on time on 22nd may. But it wasnt very heavt and after 4 days it seemed like it was stopping which i found strange. Then in the next few days it suddenly turned to be quite heavy and it was like that for another week almost until it stopped. Then 4 or 5 days later it started again but like a really dark blood and mostly after wiping mysekf on tbe paper, not really going much. That started last weekend. And tonight it is looking more like proper period, it is going more and less dark and more red again... so i just lie here crying cause i dont know what else to do, just want it to stop. Feel like period cramps.

I am on cerazette and had few instances of repeated bleeding after period but usually it is just spotting, now it is getting a bit too much. I started a new job this week and cant take time off for doctors, had phone consult and didnt tell me anything useful...

Has anyone bled like this with pill? Or anything else...I am so scared...

Re: bleeding/period that won't stop...

I haven't bled like that, but to be honest, your health is more important than any job. Worst case scenario, what if you fainted from so much blood loss at work? They would ask you why you didn't go to the doctor's.

It's difficult to ask your new employers time off for the doctor's, but if you value your physical and mental health, you must go.

Is there any way you could go to a walk-in centre over the weekend instead of going during work time? That way you would avoid a potentially awkward situation with your boss.

Your bleeding is probably just a side effect and will pass, but it's always a good idea to check these things out for peace of mind.

Hope you're not in too much pain! Best of luck.

Thanks Lior

I tried calling my GP but best they can do is appointment with a nurse on monday, no appointments available...

I need to know it is the pill or hormones, it is so hard not to panic.

Sometimes the nurse is better. When ever ive seen a gp 9 times out of 10 its a guy and they just dont understand! Take the app with the nurse xx

Mila im on the same pill as you and I have had slight spotting but you shouldnt be having full on periods on that pill as it stops them obviously its not right for you go and see your practice nurse love xx

Most of the time it is perfectly normal but every once in a while it goes crazy. I had ultrasound in february cause i wanted to check everything is ok, that was the last time it was similar like this. They say on this pill you either almost stop bleeding or you are a bleeder. I am a bleeder... But still every time i just want reassurance its nothing else... we talked about other methods but i only want progesteron only and cant have any devices so not much choice...

It's like i get worst cramps at night, today it wasnt bad, just spotting mostly, this evening cramps started again and more bleeding...

Is there anyone who had something like this please?

I had to have a coil fitted to control my periods so maybe something to consider

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola,

Before the coil did you have bleeding for long times and did coil help? I have been considering it but i am a bit scared of having something inside me all the time...
    It is still spotting now and still get cramps ...:-(

Thanks
    Millie

Hi Mila,

I have just started a new thread as I have had something very similar. I have been on cerazette for around two years now with no problems (period every three months or so which was great).

The last month or so I have bled pretty much non-stop (there were a couple of days gap sometimes) and it has varied between lighter and heavier bleeding. This week it has been like a proper period again not just spotting.

Have you solved your problem? I am going back to the doctor's tomorrow for a pelvic swab or something to check it is not anything unrelated to the pill :/

Thread Information