Thread: New here!! Worried about cervical cancer

Unhappy New here!! Worried about cervical cancer

Hello everyone
    I'm new to this site not even sure if I'm writing in the right place. this is the first post I've posted I'm 22, I have been a health anxiety sufferer for 2 years along with generalized anxiety. Here is my first go at this! I am freaking out!! The last three years I have had abnormal Pap smears. 6 months ago my OB decided to get me a biopsy which is next month. I had hpv at the time I also smoke and have two children. Lately and who knows maybe I'm looking into it to much but I have had lower back pain frequent urination and vagina discharge(normal looking and smelling). But I am now convinced it's cervical cancer. I have been in the last year for lots of tests, a year ago I had a pelvic ultrasound (those seemed fine) I even asked my OB if I was going to die in the next five years from this (she laughed and said not a a chance) Needless to say I'm convinced I have cervical cancer that's advanced and that this is the end!
    Last edited by Panic emily; 13-06-14 at 03:48.

Re: New here!! Worried about cervical cancer

I'm sorry you are going through this. Something about having children just seems to make us feel so much more vulnerable to external factors we can not control.

I do not know anything about cervical cancer so I can't help reassure you, but I just wanted to offer you my support, from one anxious mother to another.

Thank you,

I never had a issue with health anxiety till I had children not sure if it's the gear of leaving them or the extra time I have not working,,,, but oh my does it ever take a till on your mind and body :(

Hi emily I just had my pap smear and its come back abnormal so I got to go for more tests and yes im worried but I believe one in twenty ladies have this ,im just glad they found it so it can be treated imagine if they didnt and I believe you will be okay you are young and its so so rare for someone your age and im only abit older than you lol x 2 so its would be more commom for my age group try not to worry xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the support, I hope yours turns out to be nothing but slight hormonal changes! But at least I can say if this is your first abnormal result you will be quite fine as well I only say that because I've been abnormal for years and as far as I know I am still cancer free for now lol! I'm going to stop googling random symptoms that come when I think about my biopsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic emily View Post
    Thanks for the support, I hope yours turns out to be nothing but slight hormonal changes! But at least I can say if this is your first abnormal result you will be quite fine as well I only say that because I've been abnormal for years and as far as I know I am still cancer free for now lol! I'm going to stop googling random symptoms that come when I think about my biopsy!
    Thankyou so much emily hope all goes well for you love xx

http://thehairpin.com/2012/01/a-scen...rmal-pap-smear

Check that out. Even if you've never had abnormal smear, have a read. REALLY helped me!

Thread Information