Thread: Breast pain

Breast pain

Well back again :(

I have had breast complaints in the past but this month it is different.

I am not due on for 11 days but for the last few days have had a particular tender right breast. The left one is pain free which makes me worry more. The right one is painful when pushed or when I lay on it or take of my bra. But today I have also started getting a weird pain that shoots through it, it's hard to explain what it feels like but almost feels like a burning stabbing pain that lasts seconds then goes, and almost feels like I should itch it, but then goes? It has come on today and is coming quite frequently. I checked my boobs after my last period, I have had my husband check them several times (he does my check normally as I panic) he can feel nothing and they look no different. But why this pain? It can't be cyclical as not due on yet I am scared I have bc or ibc. Anyone had similar?

Re: Breast pain

I have tender breasts all the time, one more than the other. I was told by a doctor that it is completely normal. Maybe your hormones are out of whack at the moment.
    I have actually read somewhere that contrary to belief, breast cancer usually does not hurt. I can't remember where I read that though as I no longer Google these things.

Hi Kirstynic, I've suffered for more than a year with what sounds EXACTLY the same thing but in my left breast. Sore to touch, especially between my armpit and my breast, wee pains then an urge to itch/scratch... Both breasts look and feel the same, if anything my nipple is more sensitive on my left than my right. Had 2 breast exams and a CBC which were normal. Back to doc on Wednesday to try combat my HA and will probably ask for another breast exam, list can't seem to shake there isn't anything more sinister! Xx

Yes yes, and I made a new post about the exact same complaint. I missed this post, sorry about it. And thanks for moving my topic to this sub-forum.

I have this same feeling on my left breast, no lumps nothing. It just comes and goes. I just feel more pain then my right breast and it seems to be more sensitive to anything.

Fyi guys, I was also told long before when I had a huge bump in my right breast that it wouldn't feel any kind of pain or signal if it was sinister. Maybe on very late stages, which also worsens your health condition in general.

I have the same thing. One is much more sensitive. I've been asking my doctor lots of questions (see my post about Paget's) and he said pain in the breast is not a symptom of breast cancer. The lumps are painless.

By the way, I get the same pain you describe. It's like someone is pinching me and it's kind of a stabbing/burning pain. Pay attention to your cycle. Mine fluctuates with hormones.

Sdd...you're giving advice to somebody with same symptoms as yourself, so is it possible for you to take your own advice?

ISB x

Yeah actually I am feeling a bit better now because I know my mom and both grandmas had their menopause at the age of 40 and I am 39 already. So probably my hormones are starting to go wacko. Though, my mens cycle is persistently regular and in time, lol xD

For example, today the sensitive painful feeling in left breast is totally gone. That's why I am not suspecting anything sinister now, since the pain is not persistent. Though, I am going to have my first ever breast check-up to be sure. I have to do it, every woman has to do it regularly, so. Even though I am dead scared.
    I am also suspecting the annoying bra types I am using, maybe I am constantly bothering my muscles because of wrong bra choice.

I will return back here when I get all answers and inform you guys too.
    Because I heard that wrong bra choice is a common problem within females and it can cause weird muscle/breast problems.

Thanks all for replying.

Thread Information