Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Job!!

New Job!!

I went for an interview for a school job a couple of weeks ago. As there were only two of us I thought that my chances were really strong, but they decided to readvertise!! I went for it again today and got it!!

Strangely, I don't feel ecstatic and that all my problems are behind me. I do feel pleased and proud, because I put such a strong case forward that it was really difficult for them to ignore me for the job. And it is an excellent job...much better than labelling Celery for a living!!!

I guess the reason that I feel a little bit odd is because I've got no excuses for being depressed anymore. I've got an excellent job that will really stimulate me and where I will learn so much and it's going to give me lots of opportunity to develop on the football coaching side too...jobwise things couldn't be much better!!

Maybe I'm a little concerned that I'll have everything that I've always wanted and that working in depressing factory jobs will be behind me and that if that doesn't make me happy then maybe nothing will.

I guess I've just got to chill out and get on with it. The future is really bright and, given time, I'm sure that my mood will really improve. I have been feeling a lot better generally before today anyway. I have worked really, really hard and I definitely deserve this break. Fingers crossed, this is the start of me really enjoying life!!!

PS. Look out for the House of Agoraphobics on Channel 4 next Tuesday, looks really good!!!

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

WELL DONE SIMON

LUV KAZ X X X

Simon I am so very pleased for you to hear the outcome of the job - good on ya hun!!

My suggestion at the moment would be be to live day by day and not allow yourself too much in the way of analysing. Enjoy the job for what it is and then in 3/6 months time assess your thoughts. Put yourself a reminder on your mobile for 3/6 months time (not sure if that's a doable thing actually, technology wise I mean) and in the meantime everytime your thoughts stray to anaylitical mode STOP!!!

I too am very like you but as I have told you before I think sometimes it's best for folks like us to do a bit more 'doing' and a little less 'thinking'.

Well done again mate

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Well done Simon. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

well done,be proud of yourself,going out there finding the job ,interview and then getting it.Well done.things can only get better for you keep being positive.Take care and keep us informed of how things go.Tracy

That's absolutely fantastic! I had a feeling that might happen[8D][8D][8D]

It really is a fantastic step for you and we are all behind you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Well done,great achievement. When do you start the job?

take care
    julie x

Brilliant news You are an inspiration, there is light at the end of the tunnel and you have proved it.
    Well done.

JANE

hi
    big congrats to you!
    well done!
    thats a great achievment!
    take care and good luck!
    rach x

Well done Simon, particularly in having the self belief to go for it again when they didn't appoint the first time.

What is it you will be doing?

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information