Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Job!!

Well done you!

But you didn't have "excuses" for being depressed, you had reasons. As you turn your situation around and get rid of each reason, you'll soon feel the benefit I can assure you!

Go get 'em and enjoy yourself!

Eeb x

Hi Simon

Well done you !!! Congratulations, you did good.
    Traceyxxx

thanks guys.

The job is a media technician in a high school which means that if anyone has problems with cameras, software or computers they will come to me. It is a touch daunting, but also very exciting.

The biggest part of the job is operating a music recording studio, which is something that I've never actually done before, so I'm trying to read up now, so that I atleast know the basics for when I start.

It should really be the ideal job, as every day will be different, it's a really creative environment and I'll learn soooooo much about the technology. It will feel like my first real job!! The other bonuses are that I get school holidays off (presumably), so never working longer than about 7 weeks without a break...7 weeks off in the summer...2 weeks at christmas....finishing at 3.20 pm....they've also said that they want me to be flexible, so some days I'll be going in late or swapping a day in the week for a weekend.

It doesn't actually feel real. I've come so close to getting some great jobs in the past and just missed out, so I didn't really believe that I'd get this one.

I guess that I'm worried about sabotaging myself by being persistently late, having a bad attitude or something..hopefuly that won't happen because I'll be so excited about going to work. I'm trying to be really conscientious at the minute and read up on things and stuff to get myself in the right frame of mind from the off.

I've spent nearly 12 months working for my local gym for nothing and I've pretty much kept a positive attitude for that, so maybe I am changing and becoming more proactive, responsible and professional. i really do hope so.

The other really great thing about this job is that being off during school holidays and the hours that I'll be working will be ideal for continuing my development as a football coach.

Can't believe how great things seem to be going!!

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

So when do you start Wifts?
    julie x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information