Thread: Side effects?

Side effects?

Hi all, I have been on prozac for 8 weeks and I am unbelievably tired, anxious and agitated and sweating a lot, it is an effort to get up in the morning for work.... I was prescribed it for GAD and panic attacks I was med free from September to March and prior to that I was on citalopram for around a year I think, can't remember but all I do remember is if I missed a citalopram the panic was horrendous hence going on fluoxetine.

Can it take longer thn 8 weeks for fatigue etc to go and to feel "normal" or should I just come off of them and try something else? Thanks in advance x

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Actually just checked my calendar and I have been on it since 15th March! A lot longer than 8 weeks.... I've had bloods done and they came back normal so is the fatigue and ongoing side effect? It really is debilitating :(

Re: Side effects?

Hey, I've just started taking Prozac, but my GP told me that it should take no longer than 8 weeks to start working to it's full potential. Since you've been taking it since the 15th March I would definitely schedule an appointment and discuss other treatments.

Mrs. Anxious, I'm sorry to hear that you feel so badly. I think you have given the prozac a fair chance, since you have been taking it for over three months. I agree with Adsterr, I think you should talk to your doc about changing your meds.

Mrs, I feel bouts of low energy too these days and I'm on week 16 of prozac. I seem to feel the need for frequent naps on my days off and I was never much of a napper before, so I'm pretty sure it's the prozac sedating me.
    But I'd rather cope with that than having my heart pound out of my chest and a wired, jumpy, butterflies-in-my-stomach feeling like in the early weeks of this stuff.
    You sound like you're getting them both at once.

I'm really surprised prozac is prescribed for GAD and panic. I know it works for some people that way, but I don't see it really touching that area in myself.
    Wish it did a better job of it.
    Hope your doctor is helpful and can suggest something to help you more. Let us know, please. It'd be good to hear what they say and suggest.
    xx

Thank you for your replies will definitely go and see doctor for a chat x

it may damage your ear cells and neurons permanently... therefore it's too dangerous, you may miss your life with depression! please try another solutions

8-12 weeks to reach a therapeutic effect is usual. Since I've been on Prozac my GAD is so much better I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore, my panic attacks are much better controlled too. All your symptoms will not leave overnight, it can take many more weeks for improvement in all areas. If you're feeling an improvement it's working. The tiredness gets better but in not convinced it completely goes I get a lot more tired than I used to x

Thread Information