Thread: Throat and cough symptoms .......need help

Throat and cough symptoms .......need help

God where to start with this ....... I know I am in a constant extremely high state of anxiety at the moment and have constant feeling of mucus choking me in throat which I constantly cough to try and shift .......have had this before and yet my head is still telling me there is something very seriously wrong with me ......

I feel my neck shoulders and upper back are all stiff as I have not been breathing correctly and am very conscious of the fact ......things have been building up for sometime now and with stressing over working full time in a bar and running my husbands business from home ........ And finding every minute I am thinking something is wrong with me .......

Then yesterday I come across some messages from my friend to my husband and an intimate photo in shared photos and have long had suspicions about them and confronted him and he says absolutely nothing going on but my gut feeling says there is something even just flirting ........I am now in a downward spiral of symptoms and anxiety and not sure how much more I can take -........

So basically can anxiety cause the excess mucus in my throat and the nervous (mostly unproductive cough) I am currently struggling with - I ache everywhere - my head us thumping and basically I just want to run and hide xxx

Re: Throat and cough symptoms .......need help

Can someone please reassure me that these symptoms are most likely to be anxiety related as I am really scared now

Have you read this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Read the bit about throat problems

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you ..... I have read this but I am fast spiralling out of control with awful thoughts - sadly have just googled and read that throat clearing and excess mucus can also be a subtle lung cancer symptom so a,pm finding myself thinking this constantly - I am outside clearing garden and feel I cannot breath and certainly cannot think of anything else - got up this morning and cough was awful but I also have hay fever or some other allergy which causes post nasal drip - but no I am convinced I have lung cancer now and am so very very tired - I know it is my heightened anxiety causing tiredness but feel done in - I have spent most of my life with some health worry (albeit mostly in my head) and I am so very tired of it now - just want it to stop !!!!

THroat lump sensation is very common. If you're eating and drinking fine it's nothing physical. That's what my GP told me. I get the sensation of not breathing correctly too - but obviously I am or my body would go into meltdown mode. not enough oxygen? You'd know about it instantly.

I get back and shoulder pains too. Shoulder pains every day for the past month. it's not so fun. Don't react with fear and worry. These pains occur due to excess stress from fear and worry. Let the pains be. let them come and go as they please. You'll make it worse if you fear them.

Ed

Thread Information