Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argggh I want to pay for private scans because my DR won't send me for any

Argggh I want to pay for private scans because my DR won't send me for any

So I believe u have either bowel,ovarian, cervical cancer or even bone cancer due to having constipation, intense lower back pain, stomach pain and cramps on right side especially, pelvis pain, nausea and bloating! I'm so scared two doctors said ibs my back pain then kicked in and next two doctors said take pain relief coedine and see if it goes in time. I obviously googled and my symptoms matched the cancers above and now I want to pay £160 for an ultrasound tomorrow of my ovaries and pelvic area, £100 for a smear test next week to make sure I'm all clear I kind of lied to my partner and said my doctor said I have to have them :( he is very angry as we have a baby and I'm not back at work yet and he like if u have these tests what next do you think it is! But my symptoms match ovarian cancer and I'm so scared.

I have stopped googling, I have cbt but do I pay for the scans ????????

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

I not u

Re: Argggh I want to pay for private scans because my DR won't send me for any

I don't think you need to have them. I think you have IBS. Stress makes IBS worse. Google Whole30 diet. I did it and it really helped my IBS and helped me identify food triggers.

Hi, are you on maternity leave? If so then its not long since you had your baby and this could be the reason for a lot of your symptoms as it takes a while for your body to recover from childbirth. However, if you don't trust your doctor's opinion and having the scans is the only way to give you peace of mind and you can afford it then why not do it.

ISB x

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

And there's two different opinions already lol! And will probably continue in the same way so really, the only person who can decide is you.

ISB x

I don't think you should have the scans and you should trust the doctor.

Save the money for the baby

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemisssunshine10 View Post
    I obviously googled and my symptoms matched.......
    I googled strange food cravings and the good doctor told me I'm pregnant

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Did you have a c section with your baby? It took my body a very long to recover from mine.

Having a baby actually triggered my IBS.

Hi everyone thanks for the replies, I know I shouldn't have them & should trust doctor and it is such a waste of money I am just panicking and any pain I believe I have somthing bad! My baby isn't a new born he is 8 months old and my maternity leave finishes in a couple weeks but my work have told me there is no part time position available only full time and I have no one to have my son and I can't afford more than part time
    Child care so I should be saving money for him. But can ibs be permanently? I don't want to google it because I know I will be worse. Thanks everyone for the replies I know if in feeling I shouldn't have scans I defiantly know it's the wrong thing to do but then I feel an overwhelming feeling something is wrong & I think £160 for your life!! But I know that's not normal!

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

Just looked at whole30 think I will give it a go, seems hard but worth it xx

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

Oo and no c section xxx

I have the same symptoms just about every day and I have ibs. Lower back pain is also likely to be from the pregnancy and carrying an 8 month baby around. Trust your doctor.

Anxiety can cause very physical symptoms. Along with IBS they all sound like very normal and very healthy anxiety symptoms.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information