Thread: Worried about mucus in stool (really gross!)

Worried about mucus in stool (really gross!)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this. Sorry, this will be very graphic and I hope you can stomach it!

I often get what look like brownish/red mucus like glob streaks on my stool - it looks like blood at first glance, but I have actually dapped this stuff off the stool with some toilet paper, and after smearing it to thin it out, it's more a brownish colour. Is this just the normal colour of mucus? I'm sorry to be so descriptive! I'm just paranoid it's blood but I'm pretty sure it would still appear red even after it was smeared out?

I have had this for 6 months or so...(I'm 34 yrs old) ...have been to my doc but he doesn't seem too worried. I've had internal hemmeriods before too, so I'm sure this is the cause of the mucus. But I'm just super worried about the reddish colour it first appears as - has anyone had this?

Re: Worried about mucus in stool (really gross!)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It sounds to me like its just internal hemorrhoids. If it's not that then it's probably IBS. If your doctor doesn't seem worried then I wouldn't worry

Thanks - yeah I know I should listen to the doctor. But I just feel like I'm the only one who seems to have this stuff and it's getting me down. Posted on here hoping others get it too so that I'm reassured.. ��

Thread Information