Thread: PVC success stories?

PVC success stories?

I have had PVCS, palpitations, ectopic beats, whatever you want to call them for about 9 months and they started after a time of high stress (out of a job, and training for military service). I have been to the cardiologist multiple times and have been through many tests. Everything came back normal but I was having about 3,000 a day (which is not dangerous, they have to be above 20,000 a day which is like every 4th beat) but stress makes them worse and its just compounded everything. Im doing good though, I am taking a beta blocker (not needed but its a very low dose) and cant really remember the last time I felt one. I have talked to my recruiter and he told me as long as its benign then everything is good to go. The stress of my upcoming life change is very stressful and is what i believe has caused this.

Could the beta blockers have cured them? I will have to go off of them in the near future and was just wondering if anyone has had this happen, I really dont remember the last time I had one.

Also I heard somewhere that if you stop then you will have more for a while because you are now weak to adrenaline. Is that true? i stopped a while back and it felt like they got worse.

Re: PVC success stories?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone?

Hi Cheese....this is the reason I take a beta blocker these days. I was given them to bring down raised bp and treat migraines because these are vascular headaches, and discovered they also lessened the effect of ectopics too. I now take half the dose I used to and they suit me fine. I haven't tried to stop them yet so don't know how I'll get on if I ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Hi Cheese....this is the reason I take a beta blocker these days. I was given them to bring down raised bp and treat migraines because these are vascular headaches, and discovered they also lessened the effect of ectopics too. I now take half the dose I used to and they suit me fine. I haven't tried to stop them yet so don't know how I'll get on if I ever do.
    Thats great to hear! I really believe when I stop that I wont have them as much now. Before, even when I was taking the beta, I had maybe 100-500 a day. Now I havent felt one in over a month! I really believe it has to do with stress especially since I am on the cusp of my plunge into the real world (im 21) and the stress of that has just gotten to me. Also I never had a panic attack Until one night I felt my pulse and my heart seemed to skip, boom, panic attack. ER visit and many tests later: Im fine. It may seem strange but these PVCs are one of the best things that has happened to me.

before I noticed them, I had no job, no girlfriend, and was 280lbs. Now I have a great job (and im about to join the Navy), a beautiful girlfriend who I intend to marry, and on top of that I have lost 60lbs.

If I had not had them It would have never gotten me out of the house to get my mind off of them, I wouldn't have gotten a job, and I wouldn't have met my girlfriend when she came into the store.

God truly works in mysterious ways

That's a really positive attitude so be proud of how far you've come and all you have achieved so far. Well done and very best wishes for the future in the Navy

ISB

Hi , it's good to hear a heartening story. Who knows whether you will need to keep taking them or another drug in the future. The point is it has worked for you. You did whatever was needed. If they come back then work at finding a solution and maybe the drugs will help again. I take betas as I also have a bit of high blood pressure. I've been thinking of coming off them but not just yet

Thread Information