Thread: My boyfriends anxiety

My boyfriends anxiety

My boyfriend and I haven't been together very long, only months. I was aware when we started dating of his SAD as he called it and he was made aware of my physical illness and what that entails. He assured me that he hadn't had and attack for years. At first whilst in the love bubble everything was fine. Great even. Until I changed the routine. We had been seeing each other on a schedule to his liking and I opted to go out with friends instead of spending the night with him . I gave him plenty of notice as requested but suffice to say it triggered the "monster" in him. Safe to say his anxiety has made a super resurgence - I've encouraged him to go to the doctors which he says he's done.

Still ever since I told him I had other plans - we've done nothing but argue. Everything I do/say is wrong - he has attacked out relationship - my feelings for him - my want to listen - my understanding - everything. This has been going on for weeks there is no improvement. It's taken a big strain on myself emotionally and physically. My health has taken a rapid decline and honestly I'm finding it difficult.

The thing is I do understand to the best of my abilities anyway - my best friend has suffered with anxiety for three years and weighed heavily for me for support during those times. Whilst I understand that each suffer is different I have never felt this lost and helpless in all the years I've known my best friend compared to the short amount of time I've known my boyfriend - I can't help but think that perhaps this relationship is too much for me. I feel like in failing him as a supportive partner. Is there any one else out there that suffers with a physical health issue while trying to support someone with mental health issues?

Re: My boyfriends anxiety

Is he receiving any help for his anxiety? Whilst I understand how hard living with anxiety is it sounds quite unfair how much you have to handle.

Maybe he could sign up to here?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thread Information