Thread: Allergies?

consistently slightly high white blood cell count

Hi All,

So I got my white blood count back again and it was slightly high again. Usually it hovers around 10-13, normal is 4-10. Does anyone else have this chronic slightly elevated count? I was tested for allergies last year but that came back negative. I did see a hematologist for a while a couple years ago and she tested me for a bunch of stuff like for lymphoma/leukemia and other myeoloproliferative diseases which all turned up negative. Eventually she said it's a virus. But I was tested for all STD's, except for like herpes but I don't have any herpes symptoms. So what virus would hang around for almost 4 years? Sometimes I am better sometimes worse. I do have hashimotos thyroiditis but still that wouldn't account for anything. What else can I do? I've also read online (I know) that viruses can eventually cause certain cancers and that also really worries me....ugh, anyone else go through ANYTHING like this?
    Last edited by ledzepp94; 24-06-14 at 03:17.

Re: Allergies?

I have blood test results that have been a few points above or blow the "normal" range most of my life. My doctors have never been concerned. In fact, I asked my doctor about it last week and she said that sometimes what's normal for us may be a few points plus or minus the norm. No harm, no foul. It's just he way you are.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Allergies?

I agree fishmanpa, i've been told that as well. But the hematologist did say it looked like a virus under the microscope and I do have constant nagging symptoms :/

Thread Information