Thread: No idea what to categorise this as... Help?!

Smile No idea what to categorise this as... Help?!

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to ask this question...

Basically, for the past few years, I have had a strange physical symptom linked to my anxiety and stress (at least, I think it is linked). The only way I can really describe it, is to say that I feel a tightening in my throat, have difficulty swallowing, and experience the production of lots of excess saliva - as though I am about to vomit - which often leads to heaving / gagging / coughing (and occasionally, actually being sick). It is extremely debilitating, especially when it occurs in public (which it mainly does) and I'd therefore love to understand it better and hopefully try to overcome it.

I've always assumed it was linked to my disorders, rather than actually being a medical condition on it's own, but who knows.... Any insight you can give will be really appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Re: No idea what to categorise this as... Help?!

hi only just seen your post as ive not been on here for a while, i get the symptoms you describe and have done for the last couple of years on and off i told my gp about it and she said its acid reflux/anxiety, i dont get it quite as bad as when i first had it, but i do suffer with my stomach, pains, bloated, sometimes i feel like i have a brick in there or something lol and it affects my breathing a bit esp in the mornings, it scares me aswell as for the excess saliva, tight throat to the point of feeling like im going to throw up as got a lot better, has yours got better or do you feel the same ?

Thread Information