Thread: Think I'll start a Fluoxetine diary

Think I'll start a Fluoxetine diary

Hey everyone. Thought I'd join in with some of the other people on here and start a diary - seems like a good idea to help others going through the same things. Already been taking it for a few days so I'll just start from today.

I've been suffering from general, social, and health anxiety for years now, and often get depressed and have insomnia. Mental illness seems to run in my family so I never had much of a chance. I've had CBT which never seemed to work with me, so thought I'd give drug therapy a try. I was given Fluoxetine a few months ago, but it made me horribly sick. Now, I take 40mg Omeprazole with it to help combat this sickness (I suffer from acid reflux and stomach ulcers so that's why it made me so sick originally).

Day 5: I didn't sleep too well last night - woke up twice and couldn't get back to sleep for ages, so I've been very tired today. I've felt sick on and off too, and have been burping a TON. Feel a bit 'out of it' and have had a headache all day. Well, I've had the sickness and headache from day 1, so I'm just hoping it clears up soon. However today I had some 'brain zap' pains for the first time which wasn't pleasant at all :/. Had quite a few palpitations (something I've been suffering with for a long time) the past few days and especially today - really worried that it's interfering with my heart :/. Mood has been very up and down, this morning I was really hyper, but then for most of the day I've felt anxious and had that sort of empty feeling inside. I really hope these work for me :(
    Last edited by Jsp; 28-06-14 at 01:09.

Re: Think I'll start a Fluoxetine diary

Hi Jsp, good idea to start a diary, lots of people on this site get prescribed Fluoxetine so it will be really useful
    Hope you sleep well

Day 6: I didn't sleep well last night again, I had lots of palpitations which kept me awake. I eventually managed to drift off but woke up again and it took me a while to get back to sleep. Today I felt pretty normal actually, I didn't feel very 'drugged up' in comparison to how I have been feeling which is really good, however my anxiety was no different to usual and I've been really panicking over my nose piercing as I think it's infected :/. Also I haven't felt very sick today! But that might just be the amount of chamomile tea that I've been drinking lol. Hopefully that's the end of the sickness side effect for me . Just waiting for these to make me feel better...

Day 7: I haven't had a good day today :(. I've had these awful chest pains all day (check out my other thread in the health anxiety section if you're interested) and now I feel really sick. I'm not sure if it's related to my Fluoxetine or not but I suppose it could be a possibility. Hope I feel better tomorrow, or at least the chest pains stop.

Day 8: Today wasn't TOO bad. I woke up and had some chest pains when I was tidying up, so that worried me a bit. And I had trouble sleeping again - my heart was pounding and keeping me awake, not to mentioned I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Anxiety and depression seem no different yet :/ but my sickness side effect seems to have gone!

Thread Information