Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: testicular ultrasound

Re: testicular ultrasound

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyguy View Post
    Sorry for the repeated questions... I am still freaking out though.

I've noticed that it has grown. Still smaller than a bb, but it is definitely bigger.

Is this still symptomatic of a cyst potentially? I can't shake the thought that why didn't the ultrasound tech see the cyst at all? She did look very hard in the area I pointed out.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Thanks for the reply... Is the rate really that high for testicle lumps? I firsts replied here thinking a not is missing in front if sinister... But maybe your stat is correct as shown?

I'm sure you are right. Being on the tube, and since I did already have the ultrasound I shouldn't be so worried. Just can't help it.

Thanks again for taking the time to at least put my kind a bit more at ease.
    Thanks for pointing this out; I did indeed miss out the word 'not'. Sorry!

Cysts can grow, stay the same and get smaller. Mine has grown a tiny amount since I first noticed it a little over a year ago. Your situation definitely sounds like a cyst to me, so it is a bit surprising they didn't say that during your ultrasound. They've reassured you that all is normal, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and your Doctor will confirm this when you see her

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out; I did indeed miss out the word 'not'. Sorry!

Cysts can grow, stay the same and get smaller. Mine has grown a tiny amount since I first noticed it a little over a year ago. Your situation definitely sounds like a cyst to me, so it is a bit surprising they didn't say that during your ultrasound. They've reassured you that all is normal, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and your Doctor will confirm this when you see her
    That is much better

Thank you for the reassuring words - very much appreciated

A week or so after this last post, I saw the DR again. She didn't feel it, but said the ultrasound looked fine.

Then the lump went away!

But it is back now - a month and a half later - and maybe a little bit bigger (still smaller than a BB though I think). So of course I'm freaking out again.

Should I be? Is it normal that it comes and goes? Dillusioned seems to mention that, so i suppose I shouldn't be freaking out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information