Thread: confused

confused

I have had cbt in the past, and it helped, have felt myself getting more anxious lately so thought I would get it sorted straight away, so I self referred and had initial assessment today. It was done slightly different than last time as I had to list all the people I live with. I got a cooy of a letter explaining what happens to my info. I am over thinking this way too much I know. I am fully functioning and manage well with work family etc. I undefstand they write to your doctor but I am worrying incase my info goes to other services routinely like social services just because u have a problem with anxiety. I hope this makes sense

Re: confused

They only send your information to your doctor, unless you have a dependent (children under 16, elderly relative or disabled relative) that you have said are in danger they'll send your information to social services, but I am pretty sure they would have to tell you that first. The only other people they'd send it to may be to the Community Mental Health Team, but ONLY if you're assigned to one, and you would know if you were.

I would not worry too much about this, these services have to tell you who receives your information, so if they said it is going to your GP then it is ONLY going to your GP. Information is kept very securely, as by the Data Protection Act.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: confused

Thanks, I think I was just in worry mode, my anxiety has calmed now so I can see it more rationally I hate gad

Thread Information