Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really bad mornings

Really bad mornings

So I have been on this for about six months now , I started on twenty then got put up to 40 mg in January this year I also take 80 mg of propananol , I take the pills at half six every day normally after a few cups of coffee and loads of cigarets , I know I shouldn't but helps to pass the time away as I'm waiting to go to work . My mornings are by far the worst part of my day as I know I will be awake about five and don't leave for work till seven and I find my self second guessing and over thinking about the day ahead of me and get my self really worked up .

Should I be doing better by now or should I go to doctors and ask for something else as can't keep going on like this I just feel mentally drained all the time ?

Smoking has gone through the roof and can find myself chain smoking in the morning as I tell myself you can go to work , you will be fine , it's only anxiety and you'll be ok , it's like a constant battle with my head and it's really getting me down now .

Any advice would be great

Much love x

Re: Really bad mornings

Hi Down and out, after reading your post I just thought that maybe you should try an alternative to the few cups of coffee, I'm sure all that caffeine won't be helping your anxiety. I know from my own experience that when my anxiety gets out of control I try to avoid too much caffeine, just a suggestion, herbal teas are caffeine free. As for your other concern 6 months on your dosage seems like a long time with not so much benefits yet so maybe another chat with your doctor to voice your concerns. Anxiety is without doubt a bitch but it can be overcome, have faith in your own strength too!

Thanks Susan x x just feel helpless and don't want to be this person anymore :(

I felt the same when I had my first brush with severe anxiety and panic attacks about 4 1/2 years ago, was in a dreadful state, just couldn't function and I felt useless in all areas of my life. Maybe I was lucky but after only 5 months on 20 mg of cit and approx 1 month on 10 mg, weaned off gradually and remained quite stable up to this point! Don't despair, no matter how grim it feels now it will improve. I've come to accept that in times of extreme stress my body just gives up the ghost and anxiety takes over! Not as bad this time, doc prescribed cit again but only 10 mg, only started on Thursday so side effects are causing problems but it's just a hill to climb. Do you have family you can lean on?

I have a wife and children but don't really talk to her much about it as like all of is on here has problems of her own , I try to tLk to my mum but don't really want to worry her , I got a letter yesterday and have been put forward for psychological therapy for next Thursday so hoping this will do some good , I use to have a cpn but was told I was coping ok with every day life so will no longer need to see her , there is only so much longer I can put a fake smile on and say I'm fine .

The children are to young to understand but am sad as they need there dad and I keep making excuses for not doing stuff with them .

Hi
    Sorry you're having such a difficult time.
    My anxiety was still sky high until my psych prescribed a low dose of Olanzapine a few weeks ago,and it has made such a difference for me.
    Its actually an anti psychotic, but in low doses it can work really well for anxiety.I would definitely go back to your doc for a chat,and see what else they can suggest. Good luck and take care

I am also on 100mg quietapine in the evening for sleep and eating , my head is such a mess I might just stop taking all of it and go with the flow .

Quote Originally Posted by Down and out View Post
    I am also on 100mg quietapine in the evening for sleep and eating , my head is such a mess I might just stop taking all of it and go with the flow .
    I would only do this with your doctors support though.
    Best wishes

Not planning on cold turkey so seeing doc next week about coming off slowly , might take 20 tomorrow ans see if I react better than I do to 40 x

Hi downandout, having read ur posts i can realte to tge bad mornings,not wanting to worry anyone and making excuses. Can i just say though that no matter how hard u are finding it you are still surviving and managing to go to work so huge congratulations on that.
    I hope u find things easier+good luck with the docs x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information