Thread: Sweating

Jem27 Guest

Sweating

I had my hiv test back (6 weeks after the aleged event) and it was negative but now im having sweats at night and feel abit sweaty during the day im panicking the test was done far too early. My GP told me 6 weeks was sufficient and my risk was extremely low anyway. I am worrying its either hiv or another nasty, I know cancers can cause sweats, slap me please[:I]

Deep down I know im ok but these fears are a right pain to get out of your head when you have read too much in the past aren't they.

I am not waking up soaking but just abit clamy. I am on my period but near the end and ive not had this before.

Maybe im thinking about it and bringing it on.

Hi Jem, you have to believe your doctor about the HIV. Anxiety can cause profuse sweating take it from me! I thouht I was starting the menopause this year but it turned out to be the anxiety.

Jo

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Jo, I know im an idiot at times.

You're not an idiot at all. We all worry about our symptoms - its the nature of the illness. Don't put yourself down. Pat yourself on the back for surviving this.

Jo

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks, I know its my own fault having to have a HIV test in the first place.

This man gave blood 2 weeks ago and they always test the blood don't they so surely he would of been told by now if he had something wrong like that anyway.

Oh I hate this worry. I had a HIV test a few weeks ago and was told it was clear but because it was 6 weeks after im worrying it was too early.

Hi

I think you just need to relax you have been told the test was negative so please accept that. Sweating is very common in anxiety. I have it all the time.

I have just had my BP checked, I was convinced it would be through the roof but guess what it was normal. I have to believe the nurse read it correctly or I what would have been the point of having it checked. I went in to the surgery feeling so anxious and came out feeling on top of the world. You should be the same, you got a negative result!!!!!!

Enjoy your Christmas.

chillx

Jem27 Guest
    THanks Chill,

So you think if he gave blood 2 weeks ago and he hasn't been contacted that he is fine anyway? im panicking about that, surely they would of let him know. I know he hasn't been too well lately so thats why its got me worrying.

Hi

If he donates blood he must be fine. He would have been notified if there was a problem.

What makes you think he is at risk of having HIV? Does he lead a promiscuous life? Did you have unprotected sex i.e. no condom?

I think you need to trust the doctor. It could be this man just has a cold or the flu.

chillx

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Chill.

Thread Information