Hi there,

Doesn't the weekend go way to fast!?

Thank you in advance for reading :-)

Haven't been on for about 4:5 months, even though I have browsed and replied to posts, in hope of offering support.

Have had quite a busy 4:5 months, walked out of my job, brought a car on finance last year and is now needing really expensive repairs so am off the road, thankfully found a new job 3 weeks ago and trying really hard to fit in etc. Had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago:-(.

As some of you may know about me, I am 31 female and have always had an anxiety with my heart/heart rate.

4 months ago my DR reluctantly referred me to a cardiologist, and I had a heart scan, 24hr holter machine and a treadmill test after I was experiencing very frequent ectopic heartbeats, which were making me scared to be active, even with my day to day duties. My 24hr holter only recorded 7 ectopics in the evening, the heart scan was fine, the treadmill test I could only do for 10 minutes and the cardiologist said that my heart is absolutely fine and that I need to get my fitness up (from the results of the treadmill test).

I 5ft 5 and 12stones, so only a stone and a half overweight.

NOW

I took the plunge to join weight watchers (as I have actually booked a holiday for August), I have holiday anxiety but this is another issue! I have lost 4.5lb in 2 weeks and thought 'right let's do this, get fitter, happier etc).

I find exercising quite uncomfortable, so thought I would purchase a polar heart rate monitor watch (as I have been seeing so many people with them) so seemed like a good idea!

I was excited when I got my watch and put it on and did my first walk of 3.5 miles and felt rather proud of myself. The next day did 4 miles.

But......I am now concerned about the readings on my watch! Great!!!!!

As soon as I turn the watch on (with my chest heart rate band on). My HR reads 85-95 before I have even exercised, yesterday I even got a reading of 100/103 when I put it on!!! When I walk it goes from 120-150, within 10 minutes.

I tried doing Zumba and within 15 minutes it went to 160 and displayed I was out of my zone (it has automatically set it from 123-161).

I am so upset and now have stopped walking.

I was at a friend yesterday, she is 50, 2 stone overweight and her resting heart rate was 79-84 and then when she walked for 5 minutes it went to 121........

This has added more concern for me :-((((((

I am now scared to walk........ Or do anything in fact that is active.

I even find when I sit down my HR is 85-90 at times and then as soon as I get up to go the kitchen it goes to 90-120!

I feel like I have made a complete mistake buying this and just wanna be normal like everyone else.

The day after my exercise as well I feel quite tired and need an early night!

Any replied most welcome, as I am just sitting here worried worried worried..... There must be something wrong?????

K xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Update.

Just went for a walk and as soon as I put the watch on it was reading 112, then walked for 20 minutes was between 130-150

Please reply!!!