Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: citalopram round 2

citalopram round 2

Hi all.

I was on citalopram a couple of years ago for 6 months for depression. My then partner regularly harmed himself and made attempts to end his life, which had a profound effect on me, resulting in me having citalopram and CBT.

For the last 2 years i have felt like i have my life back. New job, new man etc etc and i have been really happy.

However, in the last 3/4 months, i have been having panic attacks when i go to bed at night, and haven't slept properly for months often still being awake at 3 in the morning feeling anxious and scared to go to sleep. My thing this time round is the thought of going to sleep and not waking up again.

My Doctor has put me back on Citalopram (which i started this morning) on a dose of 10mg. Has anyone had any experience with going back onto citalopram? Feeling a bit scared about it but i know it helped me last time so im really willing it to work again this time round!

Laura x

Re: citalopram round 2

Hi Laura, I'm on a second round of cit too, also 10 mg for anxiety. My anxiety seems to kick in most at bedtime too, I also wake up anxious! Currently on day six and feeling a bit better gradually every day. I just take heart from the fact that last time round(4 1/2 years ago) I was much worse and on 20 mg but felt a lot better within 3 weeks. It is just a day at a time and be thankful for every little achievement. Hope you get over your fears and remember it does work!

Thanks for your reply Susan!

Took my first one this morning and can't stop yawning and started clenching my jaw everytime I yawn (this happened to me last time!). I do remember it subsiding after a few days so fingers crossed!

Last time i was on a higher dose as it was for depression rather than anxiety so I hope the side effects won't be as bad as they were last time!

Hi, im also on round 2 after being 1 year med free for anxiety. Day 11 and taking each day at a time.
    Good luck to you both and give it a bit of time but u will get there. X

Spent the last two days feeling horrifically sick and totally off my food. This never happened last time, does anyone else have this?

I have to force myself to eat, and when I do I'm fine, but then within minutes the nausea comes back. :(

yup Laura, I feel sick as a dog and getting food down can be horrible. On days where I've really struggled to eat full meals I've swapped in some more calorie dense stuff like chocolate bars to make up the missing calories, it's not ideal(and not something i'd do long term!) but it's better than making yourself feel lethargic or unwell from too little food!

Swopping food for chocolate and things isn't an option for me to be honest! I've lost 2.5 stone this year due to sheer hard work and determination and am not prepared to put weight back on!

It is getting better slowly. I don't have the constant feel of sickness now, I only feel sick some parts of the day! My appetite is down and I'm not eating as much food as I was, but I'm not having to force it down me like I was before!

Hi, I am also 2 weeks into my second round of citalopram. I have had similar side effects to last time but the nausea is definitely one of the worst effects for me. It has mostly worn off now and I found that eating small regular meals seemed to help relieve it.

Lets hope we feel the full benefits soon!

Hi girls, today the doctor has given me citalopram 10mg.
    I'm planning on taking my first one when I go to bed, when do you take yours? Xxx

yes, the second time cit didnt work for me, i was on it 3 months, now im 1 month off - on and off of it i had only side effects. but this is me. first time it helped right from the 2nd week. that was 7 years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information