Thread: Wher's the light at the end of the Tunnel

Wher's the light at the end of the Tunnel

Hi all
    Having been on Mirap for 18 months with limited effect. ( kept having relapses of panic & anxiety ) they have put me on Lustral. getting a bit fed up realy!!! after having a heart attack and being stented 2 years ago I was put on a regime of various drugs. it was a cocktail for disaster.
    Along with blood thiners Ramilo - Amilode & Asprin _ My medication for gout Bisoprolol & Allopurinol. I was also put on Statins as a matter of protection against cholesteral levels ( my cholestaeral was 5 !!!!! I informed my consultant that I was intollerant of statins but he insisted I take them. 3 emergency trips to hospital later they agreed I was indeed intollerant of Statins, by then the damage had been done and the spiral of depresion anxiety & panic set in.
    2 years on I am still in a bit of a mess, as I am over 65 I see the (Later life phsychiatric care )
    they are very good but nothing seems to get better. I tremble inside and have muscle spasms and generaly feel unwell. my wife is great and at 74 I find it a struggle to keep going. I have since been on Cognative assesment and to date they will not make any decisions as they think I may have inner worries that would give a false result.
    ( just had my younger brothers aniversary Mass, on Fathers day )

Lets hope that Lustral helps.

This may all sound double dutch but I feel so mixed up & tearful. and at 74 thats a bitter pill to swallow

Regards
    Russell
    Last edited by russellie; 03-07-14 at 11:34.

Thread Information