Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex (escitalopram)

How r u today, have the side effects calmed down a little yet, hope to find you well, Take care Tara xx

Hey Tara,

Some have gone, some are still here. Have switched to taking it at lunch time in an attempt to give myself some sleep, but this does seem to mean that I've got the weak muscles in the afternoon. Don't really know what to do for the best. Keep telling myself to hang in there, but I must admit it's getting harder all the time.

Still, got to keep for the time being and see how things go.

MS

Don't know why I'm getting so worked up about this medication. I could choose to stop it if I wanted to. But just don't trust it, if that makes any sense. I mean, I've taken anti-d's before, so why don't I trust this one. Wake up every morning convinced that I'm going to 'go mad' or 'manic' and that it's all part of the medication's fault, rather than being a symptom of the anxiety. Just want to be told what to do for the best.

Hi there, I know it's awful to wake up and like that, what a great start to the day ay, I'm sure if you just stick with it for a little longer the side effects will go. I f you can find something to occupy yourself through this rough patch, gardening, cleaning, someting slightly physical, this may help to take your mind of it for a little while. It's worth a try. Take care Tara x

HI, I AM ON EFEXOR XL, HAVE BEEN ON IT ABOUT 2 AND A HALF WEEKS NOW AT 75mg. I find it isnt working for me no effects to my anxiety at all, although i am suffering from bad side effects, can it be that some drugs just dont work for people and can have the opposite effect... thanks paul

Well, after 3 weeks of trying the doctor took me off the Cipralex. I've had muscle spasms and weakness since the beginning, and yesterday my legs gave out completely without warning (not good for someone whose panic attacks are linked to being dizzy!). He checked my BP and heart etc but felt that it was probably the drugs. So off them we go. Nothing to replace them yet. Got to go back in 2 weeks to review. So now I'm paranoid that my mood will drop too low, which after spending two weeks worrying about being on the drugs is somewhat contrary, but then that's me. Either way, no more SSRIs for me. I did better on the tricyclics last time, and I think if I need anything else I'm going to demand them. They all have side effects, but I know they worked last time, so I'll probably feel safer as well. Thanks for all your support, guys.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience - I'm sure you'll still be able to overcome this though, plenty of people on here have done it without drugs.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

hey there,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you!! I guess each med affects each individual differently. you're just gonna have to find one that suits you. take care and don't worry about it!!

Sarah

Hi

sorry they didnt work for you but like you say all tablets affect us differently. I tried ssri in the early day prozac and i was like a mad woman, really made me worse, then i tried tryciclics which i thought helped but looking back made me worse, but when you feel so bad i couldnt judge what was helping and what wasnt.

I took dothieopin for 10 months and thought it had changed my life but when i look back it made me worse, but like you say we all react differently.

I feel i have tried so many and when they suggest cipramil, i think i thought i was dying yet another ssri what if it made me like prozac bearing in mind i had tried it about 3 years ago and it made me feel worse, but the doctor pursuaded me to try a small dose and build. It has worked wonders for me and when i look back to how i was it scares me. I remember trying tablets for a couple of weeks and sitting at home scared to go out and rocking.

Just shows you need the ones that suit you and it is a case of trial and error. If tyciclics work for you give them another go if you need them.

Good luck and hope they help you if you need them hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thanks everyone. I know a lot of this is trial and error. Just trying to have fatih in the alternative therapies for the next week or so, and reassuring myself that there are lots of alternative drugs if i need them, once the cipralex is out of my system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information