Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex (escitalopram)

Sorry things didn't work out for you, but you were having a really difficult time with these. Not every med suits everyone and i'm sure you'll find something that does suit you. There are loads of alternative therapies. chinese, aromatherapy, vitamins, relaxation, meditation all these are worth looking into and it'll keep you busy lol.........Tara xxx

hello there,

Hope you are now feeling better that the Cipralex is out of your system!! Are you thinking about trying a different med?

Feeling a lot better now that the Cipralex is washing away. My anxiety levels are dropping and I feel more human. Still very fuzzy headed, and my sleep is all over the place, but am feeling more confident in my skills in coping as each day goes. Thanks for your support!

Great news ,

It's so lovely when we wake up on day and realize that Yes, we do feel better today !!

Meg

HI, I have only just found this thread, i have been on Cipralex for 5 days now, and have some side effects like nausea and more anxiety, i have been getting the muscle twitches the last week, but not sure if this is due to the medication, i cant remember if i had them a couple of days before the meds, should i be thinking about not taking this med if i am getting muscle twitches, also what is the difference between muscle twitches and muscle spasms, guess i should phone my Dr and ask, Cheers Paul

Yes as the months go on it does get easier, but it may cause anxiety at first, stick with it

All the best !!

Hi

I have to say i didnt have any side effects when starting cipralex, i have been taking it for around 13 months now, it has made a difference but it doesnt cure your problems i know that for sure.

After 2 weeks you should grow out of side effects as the body starts getting used to the new pils.

Best Wishes

Andrew

One thing I've noticed with Cipralex that I also got with Cipramil and didn't realise was a single obsessive thought pattern. Although the Cipralex I'm on have helped me cope and feel a bit better, I also have the thought of my throat anxiety constantly racing around my mind. It was the same when I took Cipramil but was having CBT at the time which helped with the thoughts as I withdrew from Cipramil. After that, I felt really clear headed and the thoughts had gone..... until this bout of anxiety a year later *sigh*...

Mark

Hi
    ive been on cipralex now for 3 weeks still however feeling anxious and phoebic im only on 10mg a day and i take them in the morning before breakfast. Im off to the docs tonite to get a repeat prescription Will keep you all informed. Anyone else noticed an improvement taking this drug i have been told it can take upto 6 weeks to kick in.

andy

Hi Everyone
    been to Docs and hes upped by dosage to 20mg. Ive also got high blood pressure which could be from the drugs but as i was feeling very anxious about seeing the doctor i reckon could be that. However have decided to go on a diet and change my life style less drinking etc.
    Ill see how i get on

andy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information