Thread: Need advice from people who had holter monitors!!

Need advice from people who had holter monitors!!

Hi everyone! I've had health anxiety for ten years. I just wore my first holter monitor, and just got the results. I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight.

All i had over 48 hours of wearing it was six seperate VBPs, and one "r on t".

Any insight? How many VBPs are normal? and should i be concerned about the "r on t"?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Need advice from people who had holter monitors!!

That's a question you'll have to ask your doctor but both are a rather common phenomenon of palps due to anxiety. My opinion, not being a doctor, is that 6 is pretty low compared to others I've seen posting about their results.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Danii, I'm not sure what the r on t means, but your doc should let you know if the results are good or not. I wore a holter monitor a few years ago and my doc interpreted the results for me. Everything was fine. Even the palps I felt, which were terrifying to me, were nothing serious. Wishing you the best. Blessings!

Thank you very much. My Dr said it was all fine, but she referred me to a cardiologist to put me at ease.

I agree, only 6 palos for 48 hours seems low, even for a normal person without anxiety. I was just worried about the r on t thing cause I googled it and... Yah. We all know the ending to that story. Thank you guys so much!

Your holter results were very similar to mine, except I had more episodes of palpitations, and a few ectopics... like you, I was still worried, so did see a cardiologist, who put my mind completely at ease. Sometimes I think you need to hear it from a professional before you believe it. I hope you get the same reassurance - made a real difference to me. Oh - and stopping drinking diet coke helped enormously too!

its uncomfortable
    but its can go to cardiologist

Thread Information