Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retching still bad and yet again my Glucose blood test has come back with high levels

Retching still bad and yet again my Glucose blood test has come back with high levels

Since I started the retching badly back in 2013 I have been sent for 30+ blood tests and I keep having persistent problems with my Glucose Fasting results. I have given levels of 6,7mmo/l, 6.8mmo/l, 7.3mmo.l and finally 7.9mmo/l...
    I cant help but think that I could be retching due to a Glucose related disorder, my GP is on holiday and I cant see him till next week!!!
    I don't think I have diabetes as I don't have any symptoms of that but I remember before I gave this latest level of 7.9mmo/l he asked me if I had had my pancreas tested and now I am worried!!!!

Why do my Glucose results keep coming back with diabetic levels I wonder??? I wonder if I got my levels lowered to a healthy level then would the retching stop??? Maybe my body isn't handling Glucose correctly hence these constant urges to heave/retch???

Re: Retching still bad and yet again my Glucose blood test has come back with high le

We are not medical professionals and therefore can't answer that. You're better off waiting to see your doctor next week.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: Retching still bad and yet again my Glucose blood test has come back with high le

Hi Rennie, I will do! I am just going mad due to the fact that this has been going on for 15 days now and I have had to wait for his holiday to finish. God I want an end to this disgusting affliction, seeing as how my Glucose levels keep coming back with strange levels this could indicate something surely.

If anything really serious were going on then you wouldn't have to wait for your GP to return from holiday in order for further action to be taken.

Retching is an anxiety symptom. Diabetes isn't caused by anxiety.

Remember that your doctor is entitled to a holiday, undisturbed.

Are you eating a lot of sugary foods?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie1989 View Post
    Are you eating a lot of sugary foods?
    I once had a blood test that was supposed to be fasting and I stupidly had some wine. My bloods were whacked and the doctor had to do the tests again. Alcohol can and does contribute to developing diabetes. Are you still drinking nightly?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I once had a blood test that was supposed to be fasting and I stupidly had some wine. My bloods were whacked and the doctor had to do the tests again. Alcohol can and does contribute to developing diabetes. Are you still drinking nightly?

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishmanpa yes I am drinking nightly. However I have had this blood test done years ago when I wasn't drinking and I gave a level of 6.8mmo/l so even without drinking the night before my blood sugar levels are still close to 7.0mmo/l which here in the UK is diabetic levels. I am not sure how it works in the USA though with regards to levels?

Sorry, a little confused. If you are at the UK diabetes mmo levels why aren't the doctors treating you? They wouldn't do a test, see results that indicate it and just ignore it surely?

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Sorry, a little confused. If you are at the UK diabetes mmo levels why aren't the doctors treating you? They wouldn't do a test, see results that indicate it and just ignore it surely?
    Hi there. I keep giving very erratic results. On many occasions I am giving levels of just below 7.0mmo/l which is diabetes I.E. 6.7 and 6.8mmo/l and on other occasions I am giving levels of 7.3mmol-7.9mmo/l so I am neither diabetic nor not diabetic. I keep producing fluctuating results which is why I am persistently having this problem. I am in no mans land so to speak, neither diabetic nor neither diabetic if that makes sense???

Quote Originally Posted by calumcco View Post
    Hi Fishmanpa yes I am drinking nightly.
    And you don't associate this with your retching and anxiety issues yet?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information