Thread: Employment Rights. Help pls

Employment Rights. Help pls

I have worked for a mate full time under a self employed basis for 3 years. We were best mates, he met a new partner who from the start obviously didn't like me and has given so much nastiness towards me that you genuinely wouldn't believe. Anyway it's caused me so much anxiety me and my mate have had words and that's it I no longer have a job. I have a 15 month old baby at home so I'm in the sht. Can he actually do that legally?

Re: Employment Rights. Help pls

I would say no but I suggest you call ACAS on Monday morning for advice http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I would say no but I suggest you call ACAS on Monday morning for advice http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461
    Thanks Annie, sorry do you mean no I have no rights, or no he can't do that.

Sorry to hear this BikerMatt ,as Annie said phone acas they are really good they have helped me in the past ,just because you are self employed shouldnt mean you dont have rights love good luck xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Sorry to hear this BikerMatt ,as Annie said phone acas they are really good they have helped me in the past ,just because you are self employed shouldnt mean you dont have rights love good luck xxxx
    Thanks How's little Alfie?

I mean no he cant do that

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Ring acas as they can advise you better. Where you working in a partnership or self employed in your own right? If you were not working as an agreed partnership it might be more difficult for you.

Aww bless you BikerMatt for asking ,little alfie is doing great he is ruling the roost lol xx

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I mean no he cant do that

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Ring acas as they can advise you better. Where you working in a partnership or self employed in your own right? If you were not working as an agreed partnership it might be more difficult for you.
    Annie, Sorry I missed the added part. No I wasn't in a partnership I was self employed in my own right.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Aww bless you BikerMatt for asking ,little alfie is doing great he is ruling the roost lol xx
    His picture always makes me smile.

His picture always makes me smile.[/QUOTE]

I no he is so cute well they say dogs look like there owners lol xx

Sadly if you were self employed, and he just put work your way then you won't have any rights and he can just stop giving you work.

Thread Information