Thread: Rapid and heavy heartbeat/exhaustion over last few days.. (18 weeks pregnant)

Question Rapid and heavy heartbeat/exhaustion over last few days.. (18 weeks pregnant)

Hi everyone,

My situation is that I'm 18 weeks pregnant and over this last few days I've started getting a super hard and fast heartbeat. Sometimes faster than other times. Before I was sleeping in bed and I think it must have sped up suddenly and woke me up.
    I am also coming off citalopram. I was doing fine with no real withdrawal symptoms -and have got down to 5mg every couple days (was on 30mg -started tapering in March) However this heartbeat thing makes me anxious.. so I don't know whether it's to do with withdrawal as well or if it's normal pregnancy symptoms.
    Planning to go docs this week but has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Re: Rapid and heavy heartbeat/exhaustion over last few days.. (18 weeks pregnant)

Yes its normal for this to happen during pregnancy because your body is working harder and there is an increase in blood volume, also a surge in hormones can play a part too. My youngest is in her 20's now but I can still remember this happening when I was pregnant with her, and the missed beats and flutters got alot worse then too.

ISB x

Thread Information