Thread: Armpit lump - scan - so so scared!

Armpit lump - scan - so so scared!

I'm freaking out again, I've been so so good this week, distracting myself from this but I've got a renal scan tomorrow, blood test on Friday and a breast scan next Thursday and I don't think I can cope!
    My main issue is the breast scan, there's a smallish moving lump under my armpit that I have to dig around to find but it's definitely there... I think it light be a lymph node (lymphoma?!?) or beast cancer!
    I'm going to the appointments alone and I'm terrified their faces will drop and I'll know something is wrong :/!

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Re: Armpit lump - scan - so so scared!

since no one has said anything, ill help, when I was younger I had a lump under my armpit, can't remember going to the doctors about it but I do remember going to the hospital for an ultrasound scan, the lump turned out to be nothing but a folded over muscle. harmless, just because you have a lump on your body, doesn't me cancer, there is many reasons for lumps forming, and everyone body is different, in opinion no one has a smooth body.

Thanks newborn!
    I hope it's nothing, I mean I'm only 24 so the chances of breast cancer are pretty slim but it does happen!
    Fingers crossed everything will be clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Fj2014 View Post
    Thanks newborn!
    I hope it's nothing, I mean I'm only 24 so the chances of breast cancer are pretty slim but it does happen!
    Fingers crossed everything will be clear!
    I second that.... I'm curious... Why so many tests/scans for a 24 year old?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

In all honesty Fishmanpa, I think I pissed off my gp by going to two a&e walk-ins and they're trying to diagnose anxiety - hopefully anyway!!!
    Also, my blood count was high at the last check so maybe that's another reason?!

In all honesty Fishmanpa, I think I pissed off my gp by going to two a&e walk-ins and they're trying to diagnose anxiety - hopefully anyway!!! Also, my blood count was high at the last check so maybe that's another reason?!
    Yeah well..... being that you have to dig to feel anything under your arm means there's really nothing there to feel. If indeed it is a node you're feeling, it's a totally normal one. So maybe he's trying to prove a point? That indeed, much of your physical symptoms are anxiety related? After all, being on here is a pretty big clue

I'm sure all will be fine. Raised blood count is often times just your body fighting off a bug. If it was that out of whack, you would have been referred after the initial blood work.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I hope so!!
    My blood count was only 11.5 so not over by much ... I don't think??
    Just hoping it gets back to normal and I will start tackling my anxiety!!

Xx

I hope so!!
    My blood count was only 11.5 so not over by much ... I don't think??
    Just hoping it gets back to normal and I will start tackling my anxiety!!

Xx
    Why don't you start by downloading the free CBT course offered here? Learn a few coping techniques and exercises. It's not going away on it's own right?...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

Positive thoughts

Thanks! That sounds great!!

Just a quick update... I had my renal scan yesterday and although I have to wait to see my gp for the "official" results the lady said she couldn't see anything wrong ! Yay!
    One down, just the dreaded breast scan and a blood test to go!!

I feel a bit coldy today (could be hayfever though) so I don't know whether to change my blood test to next week to avoid my white cell count being high again?? Or am I just being paranoid?

Xx

Thread Information