Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Joy!

Oh Joy!

So I went for my consultation and got my date/time for my colonoscopy. I'm not really concerned or worried. Just a bit unhappy with the bionic laxative I have to take as I heard it cleans you out something fierce! I'm not one to look in the bowl but I fully expect to find hamburgers and pizza from the 70's when it gets going! ~lol~

They said I'll be sedated for the procedure so I won't know or care anyway

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Oh Joy!

Well onwards and upwards fishman...no pun intended

ISB x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 08-07-14 at 22:24.

Fishmanpa, I admire your Bravery.

I had one last year without sedation,and it wasn't too awful.
    Best wishes

I had one a few weeks ago and just used Entonox for pain relief.

On the prep day my saviour was lemonade flavoured lollies as I felt I had "eaten" something even though it was clear liquid. I also kept my sugar levels up with cans of lemonade.

As it happens after spending a lot of time on the loo the prep was sub-optimal when they did the scope - i.e. I did not have a good enough clear out lol

Good Luck FMP

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Right. And they're used to that anyway, lol! In North America they tend to sedate us yes. Unaware until its over. Bit of a rest and then your "ride" can come in and sign you out and take you home ... I hear you lot get tea afterwards! We get nada, nothing, not even a bottle of water! What a rip off!

Anyway, no biggie at all. Maybe a bit of crampy feeling, just take a down day on the couch with movies and something you like to eat.

The best of luck Fishman

I'm scheduled for the 5th of August. I'm truly not concerned. I have nothing to indicate any problems. I know I have a few pockets in my large intestine from the PET scans they did during treatment.

I've had constipation issues since treatment and this stuff I have to take should really clean me out. I expect to lose a few pounds of excess baggage if you know what I mean ~lol~ Just not looking forward to the cramps and being glued to the toilet seat for a while. Guess this may be time to get a good book or magazine!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

lol good luck with it. My friend had it done, and some advice for you..get a book/laptop/ipad and basically get comfortable lol she said she was on the loo drinking the stuff and it was just passing straight through after she got the party started. She gave up taking trips in the end and just camped on the loo.

Best of luck fishmanpa hope all goes well for u xxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information