Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hi ,
    I need suggestion , I am on 20 mg of prozac from 8 months , I can say from where I started I am much better now. But still I have low days , which demoralize me . I am taking it for anxiety and I am 45 years male.
    I need suggestion that shall I increase my dose to 40 mg , will increased dose be more beneficial to me?

I’m at week 4 of flux 40mg’s. Side effects are rough. Sweats, vague headaches, nausea, anxiety. Is anyone out there in a similar position as me? I keep referring to this fluoxetine timeline of Betterdays which keeps my spirits up somewhat but would love a buddy to compare notes with

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdaze View Post
    I’m at week 4 of flux 40mg’s. Side effects are rough. Sweats, vague headaches, nausea, anxiety. Is anyone out there in a similar position as me? I keep referring to this fluoxetine timeline of Betterdays which keeps my spirits up somewhat but would love a buddy to compare notes with
    All of your side effects I had when I restarted my Fluox. Week 5 things started to ease a bit (sleep starting to get better, just a little "background" anxiety). I'm a few days short of week 6 and things are getting better. Not to a point yet where I want to be, but I can see it coming. The timeline ? I must have read & re read it a few dozen times. I would lay in bed in night before falling asleep reading the timeline. It helped...

Yes that timeline has been brilliant. I re-read it every morning when I wake up with a horrible dread feeling.I have had a few glimmers of hope but have just had to turn down a job offer for next week so feeling abit blue. I haven’t taken Flux before. Have been on citalapram for years then it just stopped working. I hear that can happen to about 30 percent of patients. Thanks for your reply. I live in NZ & there doesn’t seem to be any good online forums to talk to locals here. Our mental health is way behind you guys in the states with better support systems.

Yes that timeline has been brilliant. I re-read it every morning when I wake up with a horrible dread feeling.I have had a few glimmers of hope but have just had to turn down a job offer for next week so feeling abit blue. I haven’t taken Flux before. Have been on citalapram for years then it just stopped working. I hear that can happen to about 30 percent of patients. Thanks for your reply. I live in NZ & there doesn’t seem to be any good online forums to talk to locals here. Our mental health is way behind you guys in the states with better support systems.
    Hang in there... Fluox is a good med. Once things "level" out, you feel better. The thing about SSRI's (Fluox) is it takes several weeks for it to build up in your system and stabilize, but once it does, it works well. Hang out here, it's a good place to get support while your "system" adjusts...

Thanks. Just caught up on your threads with PDU. Sounds like you have been coping relatively well whilst working. Good one. Keep going. If you can work thru this you are super man!

Thanks. Just caught up on your threads with PDU. Sounds like you have been coping relatively well whilst working. Good one. Keep going. If you can work thru this you are super man!
    Yeah...it's been a little rough. We are all "superman" when it comes to powering through this adjustment. As I read your in week 4, very shortly you should be "rounding the bend" per se and on your way to feeling better. It seems like our body's and the Fluox battle it out for control and we're caught in the middle. You'll have some more up's and downs, but, like me, and others adjusting, the downs become less and less..Keep updating as there are folks here who can help when those "downs" creep up...

Good analogy. That’s a positive way to look at it. I’m am starting week 5 today and feel ok , no anxiety, a few negative thoughts & mild nausea. I’ve managed to walk along the beach & pat a few dogs. Then went & did a grocery shop. Feeling reasonable - hesitant to say it could be a good day. Last night couldn’t manage dinner but was in the fridge at 11pm looking for leftovers! Dr has prescribed quetipine to help me sleep, which it does, but also makes me hungry. Have lost 6 kilos so gotta eat when the urge strikes! Will keep updating. I think each small step we take is another step closer to where we want to be.

Good analogy. That’s a positive way to look at it. I’m am starting week 5 today and feel ok , no anxiety, a few negative thoughts & mild nausea. I’ve managed to walk along the beach & pat a few dogs. Then went & did a grocery shop. Feeling reasonable - hesitant to say it could be a good day. Last night couldn’t manage dinner but was in the fridge at 11pm looking for leftovers! Dr has prescribed quetipine to help me sleep, which it does, but also makes me hungry. Have lost 6 kilos so gotta eat when the urge strikes! Will keep updating. I think each small step we take is another step closer to where we want to be.
    To be honest, it sounds like your managing pretty well...that's good. From the activities you said you did, getting out and doing things will help you along also.Where I live we are in the middle of winter, so were pretty much hovering around freezing levels, so no going outside unless needed (shopping, work) I also lost a lot of weight. When my anxiety is high, I dont want to eat. Keep up the good work !
    P.S. I love leftovers...LoL
    Last edited by Conelrad; 22-01-20 at 01:40. Reason: update

Well not feeling great today. Woke up with thoughts of being forever stuck feeling like this. Then tell myself it’s gonna improve and hang in there. It’s really hot down under which doesn’t help the perspiration! We have also been getting the ash from Austalia’s Fires, along with their heat. Would like a good excuse to snuggle up in a duvet & watch tv all day! But will push myself to get out again today.

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread Information